Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

olympic commentry

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
what do you all make of it so far. persdonally i think they have all done a good job to make the lesser events very interesting.

barry davies etc keep it up :clap:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Boring x 100

Only interested in the boxing and girls beach volley ball and ive seen virtually FA of that.:angry:
Bunch of friggin lefties.:angry:

BTW
Is Clare Balding an Errhhmmmmmmmm...if you know what i mean?:lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's cheap of me I know but I'm always utterly transfixed by the appearance of Suzi Perry. :drool:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
It's cheap of me I know but I'm always utterly transfixed by the appearance of Suzi Perry. :drool:

Is that the fit bird with the long black hair?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
While normally I too would be transfixed by Suzi Perry, I'm so hacked off with the sailing coverage that not even her presence redeems it. :ohmy:

It's the only sport we're doing well in, but we get, at best, 10 minutes of a quick recap highlights a day. Seven minutes of this is Suzi and another commentator chatting to each other, three of which is actual coverage: like a ten-second clip of someone crossing the finish line, wow thanks. :(

As an avid sailor who is dying to watch whole races, it's a joke. :angry:

Meanwhile, here's three hours solid of gymnastics or weightlifting or synchronised diving for you... :censored:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I enjoyed the diving, watch some Hockey and a bit of football.

apart form that I'm just waiting for the athletics which I actually enjoy.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
bhafc99 said:
While normally I too would be transfixed by Suzi Perry, I'm so hacked off with the sailing coverage that not even her presence redeems it. :ohmy:

It's the only sport we're doing well in, but we get, at best, 10 minutes of a quick recap highlights a day. Seven minutes of this is Suzi and another commentator chatting to each other, three of which is actual coverage: like a ten-second clip of someone crossing the finish line, wow thanks. :(

As an avid sailor who is dying to watch whole races, it's a joke. :angry:

Meanwhile, here's three hours solid of gymnastics or weightlifting or synchronised diving for you... :censored:

Ah, so you don't have Interactive then...

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
looney said:

Is Clare Balding an Errhhmmmmmmmm...if you know what i mean?:lolol:

A lady with comfortable shoes? Yes, she came out last year. I quite like her as a commentator but she has a face for the radio methinks

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Basketball commentary is ridiculously simple and in most cases factually incorrect. More work needed.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Barnet Seagull said:
Ah, so you don't have Interactive then...

Interactive telly? What, all that press the red button now malarkey? Nope, 'fraid I don't.

And nor do a lot of people. So I don't think shunting it off to interactive telly is the answer, it wouldn't kill them to put a proper 30-40 minutes on the main Beeb channels now and again.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The synchronised swimming commentary is a bit strange- is that a male or female voice?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Try watching it in Japan! Its on late at night, and all the channels(there are at least 5 different ones that ive watched it on so far) show bloody judo or swimming!
Thinking about it, japan's crap for watching sport...
I had to watch euro 2004 at 3.45a.m, and now i have to watch the olympics from about 10pm. Stupid time difference.
Oh, yeah, they show a lot of table tennis, or rather 15 wondergirl ai fukuhara 'SA'ing her way to victory...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here