Oldfootballshirts.com

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hi everyone.

I've just launched a new website today called

www.oldfootballshirts.com .

It's a site for all football fans, to create a history of football shirts from around the leagues, and the world. So, come on, all you guys with great old Albion shirts, or you "others" who we welcome to this site, lets see your shirts added to the site.

There's still a bit of work to be done, a few new features to be added, but it's ready and waiting for your contributions.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Looks a good site,

could add current home/away kit

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
wasnt the playoff final shirt known as the "Chewitts" shirt?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The Chewitts shirt shown on the site is the actual Play off shirt, with NOBO as the sponsor. The rest of the season the Chewitts shirt had TSB on it.

crosbysleftear

Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
We were sponsered by NOBO for all of the play-off season. The shirt on your site was actually introduced for the play-off final and was used next season with TSB on the front. The design of the away shirt for the play off season was actually even worse then the one you are showing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Hey, this debate is great, that's what the site is for, the description for that shirt is being changed, thanks for your input.

Phil

1066gull

Thats another 'Youtube' idea that will be worth a lot of money in the future:down:

Well done! Great idea as you will be able to earn a fortune from advertising with it.

Last edited:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I don't understand the story behind the pink keeper's shirt, in the game with Leeds 1-1?

Can someone explain why he had to change...

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Superphil said:
Hi everyone.

I've just launched a new website today called

www.oldfootballshirts.com .

It's a site for all football fans, to create a history of football shirts from around the leagues, and the world. So, come on, all you guys with great old Albion shirts, or you "others" who we welcome to this site, lets see your shirts added to the site.

There's still a bit of work to be done, a few new features to be added, but it's ready and waiting for your contributions.

A very tidy website. Good effort :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
seagull4life said:
I don't understand the story behind the pink keeper's shirt, in the game with Leeds 1-1?

Can someone explain why he had to change...

He was in yellow for the first half but the ref felt his shirt was clashing with the ref and linos own shirts, so he asked him to change

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
cool site

will be submiting my yellow sandtex shirt in a bit

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb....var.838950.0.january_29_leeds_1_albion_1.php

I am not sure why we had a pink shirt in the first place. Seems an unusual choice!

The pink goalkeepers shirt was produced to tie in with some litter project that was happening in conjuction with McDonalds. I don't think it was every intended to be used in a match and a limited number were sold in the club shop.

My brother got me the last one they had for my 30th birthday with my surname on it and the number 30, I need to get it (and a few other shirts) framed.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The reason we got the pink shirt actually down to the fact that Kuipers went absolutely mad with the catalogue & ordered ALL the errea Keepers tops. If you remember he was wearing a different style each game for a while.

However, Joey jo jo is correct in saying that the first public airing was for the mcdonalds litter bins tie in

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Great site, will dig my albion shirts out and try and get some on there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here