Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old north stand songs

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
anyone remember all the old goldstone songs...i remember a few... when pompey played it was.. "does yer boyfriend know your here"... when cardiff played it was "you look in the dustbin for something to eat, you find a dead cat and you think its a treat, in your cardiff slums" palace was.."hark now hear the btn boys, the palace run away, and like west ham they fade away, because of boxing day ...several rivals got " your going home in a blue and white ambulance" if another teams player never got up from being injured it was .."bring on the dustbin" steve coppell got the vd treatment... then there was..."go left go right, go left go left, go left go right go pick up the sticks, go left go right go left, so shall we tell em, who we are, we are the famous, so f*** off palace, or you will die. you will die you will die etc etc ...and when the ole bill used to interfere in the north stand ejecting fans it was " kill, kill, kill the bill....... i do remember stamping on coppers hat that came off, mind you i forgot it had a pointed bit on the top....arhhhhh!!!! anyone know any other famous north stand songs ??

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
your gonna get your f***ing head kicked it

youe going home in a county ambulance

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He shot, he scored, it must be Peter Ward

What was it sung towards Brian Horton, "ooh Nobby Nobby" and some more, nit sure exactly what the fans were singing.

No No, No No No No, No No No No No-gan

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No No, No No No No, No No No No No-gan[/QUOTE]

sung to the tune of no limit by two unlimited? I can't really recall many songs from the north stand to be honest. I think i spent too much time trying to push my brother off the milk crates at the front.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Everytime the old bill went past, there was the theme to Laural and Hardy

Steve Foster M'lord, Steve Foster (or PC Beard instead)

Johnny Crumplin football genius

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"hark now hear the btn boys, the palace run away, and like west ham they fade away, because of boxing day

:shootself

Hark now hear, the Brighton sing
The Palace run away, (again)
And I will fight for evermore
Because of Boxing Day

All the lads, should have seen us coming
Everywhere was blue and white and everyone was running
All the lads and lasses, all with smiling faces
Going down Old Shoreham Road
To see the Brighton Aces

When I was just a little boy
I said to my Mummy, what should I be?
Will I be Brighton, will I be Palace?
Here's what she said to me
Wash your mouth out son, and go get your father's gun
And shoot the Palace scum, shoot the Palace scum.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Number 1 was Peter Ward, Number 2 was Peter Ward.....Number 11 was Peter Ward
We all live in a Wardy Wonderland

My old man said be a Palace fan
I said Fcuk off Bollocks your a ****

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Brighton and Hove Albion to the tune of Go West by the Pet Shop boys

BRIIIIIGHTTTON AAND hovealbion? Brighton seemed to really drag and then hove albion really quick? Can't remember.
I never thought that was to the tune of the pet shop boys!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
BRIIIIIGHTTTON AAND hovealbion? Brighton seemed to really drag and then hove albion really quick? Can't remember.
I never thought that was to the tune of the pet shop boys!

If i remember correctly, the Pet Shop Boys version of the song was out about the time this started

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Can't really remember the words to this one but it started
E I E I O (possibly to the tune of knees up mother brown)

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
anyone remember all the old goldstone songs...i remember a few... when pompey played it was.. "does yer boyfriend know your here"... when cardiff played it was "you look in the dustbin for something to eat, you find a dead cat and you think its a treat, in your cardiff slums" palace was.."hark now hear the btn boys, the palace run away, and like west ham they fade away, because of boxing day ...several rivals got " your going home in a blue and white ambulance" if another teams player never got up from being injured it was .."bring on the dustbin" steve coppell got the vd treatment... then there was..."go left go right, go left go left, go left go right go pick up the sticks, go left go right go left, so shall we tell em, who we are, we are the famous, so f*** off palace, or you will die. you will die you will die etc etc ...and when the ole bill used to interfere in the north stand ejecting fans it was " kill, kill, kill the bill....... i do remember stamping on coppers hat that came off, mind you i forgot it had a pointed bit on the top....arhhhhh!!!! anyone know any other famous north stand songs ??

Shame you can't remember the words :lolol:

There's a bit of chelsea creeping in there I think

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I recall the North Stand chanting Eric (Clap clap clap clap) Steele.

Eric would shake his arse in time to the claps.

(Or was it just a homoerotic dream?)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Fcuk em all, fcuk em all
The Palace, West Ham and Millwall
cos we are the Brighton
and we are the best
we are the Brighton so fcuk all the rest....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here