Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

old bha songs bout palace

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Honest question. Do any of you sing that?
Never been sung at any match I've been to as far as I know. Didn't hear it at Selhurst last time we played there (you remember, the day you lost) where you would have thought it would have got an airing. I'd be interested to know where Brighton4Cambridge3 heard it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Never heard that song. Sure most others haven't.

Wouldn't want to hear it. Wouldn't want to sing it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I think this has gone far enough, while we encorage healthy debate / banter, NSC does not condone the death of anyone, I will remove the relevant post's / quotes.

Now play nicely.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
So thats 2 ***** taking the piss out of dead Palace fans. :facepalm:

The lady doth protest too much,methinks....

Nothing worse than a pious fan trying to point score.

In over 40 years of supporting the albion I have never heard this song being sung. I've never heard an Albion supporter mocking any other team about the death of one of their fans.

It looks like someone posted something in very bad taste to wind up Palace fans and it worked.

PS - incorrect spelling should never be tolerated

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
when i was just a little boy
,i asked my mother what should i be
should i be palace should i be brighton
hears what she said to me
WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT SON
GO GET YOUR FATHERS GUN
AND SHOOT THE PALACE SCUM
SHOOT THE PALACE SCUM

The original (and better) ending was:

WE'RE GOING TO SOUTH LONDON
TO SHOOT THE PALACE SCUM

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Go left, go left (go left, go left)
Go left, right, left (go left, right, left)
Go left, go right, go pick up the sticks, go left, go right, go left (go left, go right, go pick up the sticks, go left, go right, go left)
Everywhere we go (everywhere we go)
People always tell us (people always tell us)
We are the famous (we are the famous)
The famous Brighton (the famous Brighton)
So f*** off Palace (so f*** off Palace)
Or you will die (or you will die)
You will die, you will die, you will die, you will die

(Solo and response chant to American military marching song. Anyone know the name?)

No, but it's featured in one of those 80s films about Vietnam (Platoon or Full Jacket, or Hamburger Hill...?)

That chant used to continue for ages, with different variations, incorporating Wardy as well as Palace...

Go left, go left (go left, go left)
Go left, right, left (go left, right, left)
Go left, go right, go pick up the sticks, go left, go right, go left (go left, go right, go pick up the sticks, go left, go right, go left)
He shot, he scored (he shot, he scored)
It must be our Peter Ward (it must be our Peter Ward)

He shot, he scored it must be Peter Ward, Peter Ward, Peter Ward...

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Sorry, just to clarify - I have heard this song sung (actually only in a couple of pubs at a couple of away games in london where all our idiots come out to play.)

I have never sung it myself, and of couse would never wish the death of any Palace fan.

Yes, I hate Palace with a passion, but not that much!

I have a good friend who went to Villa Park that day to watch Palace, it could have been him.

Apologies for bringing that one up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If that is aimed at me then you're wrong. The death of Mr Nixon was a terrible tragedy, the culprits were nothing but murderers. The 'oh ah Cantona' chant isn't in any way glorifying his death, and shouldn't be taken as such. This is a football rivalry, an irrelevance compared to a persons life.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
If that is aimed at me then you're wrong. The death of Mr Nixon was a terrible tragedy, the culprits were nothing but murderers. The 'oh ah Cantona' chant isn't in any way glorifying his death, and shouldn't be taken as such. This is a football rivalry, an irrelevance compared to a persons life.

It wasn't.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
(Sung to the tune of the Adams family)

Ya sister shags ya mother
ya father shags ya brother
and you all shag each other your the Palarse fa-mi -lee !!!!! tra la la la Brighton !! tra la la la Brighton !! Tra la la la, Tra la la la, Tra la la la Brighton !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
(Sung to the tune of the Adams family)

Ya sister shags ya mother
ya father shags ya brother
and you all shag each other your the Palarse fa-mi -lee !!!!! tra la la la Brighton !! tra la la la Brighton !! Tra la la la, Tra la la la, Tra la la la Brighton !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here