Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok....can I have one Humble Pie to go please?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am sorry.

I was told by a good friend that he had met Paul Brooker and that Brooker had told him he wanted to come back and it looked a cert. I had no reason to doubt him on this. Brooker was on holiday with some of the Brighton players. Perhaps he was drunk and over elaborated on how much of a cert it was.
I should not have taken it to be in cement that he would resign.

I am sorry.

For the record I did not start the Cullip is leaving thread and the thread I started about Leon Knight having a fight with Chippy in training came from a VERY reliable source that I cannot reveal.

Im sorry.

MRRF 10

poor richie
RMorrisasBenRoberts.jpg

....sorry, couldn't resist

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Perhaps we should not slate me but slate whoever cocked up what was a dead cert signing....

....or perhaps I am clutching at straws.

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He was always going to sign for Reading. His loan spell there was quite successful by all accounts. A little wishful thinking on Albion fans parts.

Now we need to think of a really good winger we could bring in. Hunt from Brentford anyone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Despite there being obvious links between the Albion and Paul Brooker - there is absolutely nothing connecting Brooker and McGhee.

Did you really expect McGhee to blow some of his scarce playing budget (by this I mean wages and not a transfer fee) on a player because someone said he played here once and was sort of alright (and that is being kind) ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hearing about it from a dubious source is one thing, blabbing about it is another thing entirely. Not trying to rub this in, but there is the tiniest possibility that your thread may have tipped the balance towards him going to Reading. We all might want to think about this next time we 'hear a rumour from a good source', and then go rushing to tell everyone about the 'scoop' that they have unearthed.

Not exactly cut out for a career in investigative journalism, are we?

:nono: :nono: :nono:

The Large One said:
your thread may have tipped the balance towards him going to Reading.

What?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Richie Morris said:
I am sorry.

I was told by a good friend that he had met Paul Brooker and that Brooker had told him he wanted to come back and it looked a cert. I had no reason to doubt him on this. Brooker was on holiday with some of the Brighton players. Perhaps he was drunk and over elaborated on how much of a cert it was.
I should not have taken it to be in cement that he would resign.

I am sorry.

For the record I did not start the Cullip is leaving thread and the thread I started about Leon Knight having a fight with Chippy in training came from a VERY reliable source that I cannot reveal.

Im sorry.

Don't worry Ritchie

I was going to blast you (as normal ;) ) but because, as always, you have come across on NSC as a complete and utter plum, I'm going to let it go this time

But keep your nose to the ground for any other exclusives, they are very welcome on NSC, as everyone is desperate for news of potential signings

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not being rude but you dont have to read my posts do you?

Dancing Ninja? I am a plum as always am I? Ok then you are an arse who has nothing better to do then pick holes in me.

The Large One, how on earth has me posting that had any bearing whatsoever on Brooker's decision?

I know why dont we all have another pop at Richie eh because none of us have anything better to do then slate someone else and thus make us feel better about ourselves.

I said sorry for getting carried away but I am not the only person who posts rumours. You do not have to believe them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Richie Morris said:
Not being rude but you dont have to read my posts do you?

I know why dont we all have another pop at Richie eh because none of us have anything better to do then slate someone else and thus make us feel better about ourselves.

You started it, you great wazzock.

Richie Morris said:
The Large One, how on earth has me posting that had any bearing whatsoever on Brooker's decision?

I'll clarify. Of course Brooker doesn't read NSC for his daily football gossip. He's got you for that. What I meant was it's the sort of tactic which gutterpress football writers (and occasionally managers and chairmen) use to harry a player into making a decision. Plus some Albion players DO read NSC and possibly don't like what they read about themselves. (On ther other hand, some may well do.) Clearly this doesn't apply to Brooker specifically, but it was intended as a general statement as to being careful what we write about certain people. We don't know who is reading this...

With all Morris-esque plumness, that didn't appear to be what I wrote, but (believe or not), it was what I meant to say. Clearly, my plain English sub-routine programme has been over-written by excessive amounts of Harveys.

:jester:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
BUTTERBALL said:
He was always going to sign for Reading. His loan spell there was quite successful by all accounts. A little wishful thinking on Albion fans parts.

Now we need to think of a really good winger we could bring in. Hunt from Brentford anyone.

Superb choice me thinks but I can't see it somehow since he is a good player.

:jester:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bozza said:
Despite there being obvious links between the Albion and Paul Brooker - there is absolutely nothing connecting Brooker and McGhee.

Did you really expect McGhee to blow some of his scarce playing budget (by this I mean wages and not a transfer fee) on a player because someone said he played here once and was sort of alright (and that is being kind) ?

We probably offered Brooker something paltry like £500 a week. If we did, it's no wonder he gave us a wide berth. Who wouldn't in that case.

:D

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Large One said:

Not exactly cut out for a career in investigative journalism, are we?

:nono: :nono: :nono:

So every transfer story you read in the paper comes true does it?

I read a week ago that Steven Gerrard was going to Man Utd, before that I read an article saying that Deco had already signed for Chelsea. Now Gerrard has stayed at Liverpool and Deco looks likely to go to Barcelona. Does that make the writers who broke those stories crap as well?

Lets put it in to some sort of perspective shall we? I heard a rumour from a friend. I told some people on here. It was wrong. I look stupid. This does not reflect at all on my ability to do anything. I just heard something that turned out not to be true.

How about you leave me alone eh?

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Richie Morris said:
How about you leave me alone eh?

No chance, you flamming hippy

Don't make bold-as-brass "my mate who knows the players told me a rumour" statements on NSC and not expect to be shot down

As I stated earlier, we are crying out on NSC for info on new players and coming out with confident statements on NSC will always be ridiculed on NSC if they are false

And if I'm an arse for picking holes in YOU, what does that make you?

Think before you type on NSC Ritchie, because I'm always waiting for ya to f*** up!!

:dunce: :wave: :bounce: :flameboun :bounce: :flameboun :bounce:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Ok....can I have one Humble Pie to go please?

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Don't worry Ritchie

I was going to blast you (as normal ;) ) but because, as always, you have come across on NSC as a complete and utter plum

Really wish I could be arsed to fire up the ol' photoshop package to merge together a photo of that soft and delicious Summer fruit with a picture of... a plum :p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
To be fair to Richie, someone else who does have good contacts at the club, posted the same thing on Brightonfans.com

Perhaps one of the players is having a laugh at Nsc's expense and seeing how far they can spread rumours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here