Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

oi! recommend me a decent thai restaurant in brighton!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Not sure what it's called but just along from the Wick Inn in Hove there is a nice little Thai restaurant.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Sopar in Kemp Town on Upper St James' St. Fantastic food and some of the friendliest staff imaginable.

D

Deleted User X18H

Crown and Anchor Preston Road superb Thai Fayre

There's a place in Preston Street that has a fixed price - eat as much as you want - menu.

I remember being in there late one evening when the kitchen staff settled down at a corner table to enjoy a Chinese takeaway that one of them had gone out and bought from a place down the road.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Another vote for the Giggling Squid in Church Rd. :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
There's a place in Preston Street that has a fixed price - eat as much as you want - menu.

I remember being in there late one evening when the kitchen staff settled down at a corner table to enjoy a Chinese takeaway that one of them had gone out and bought from a place down the road.

Tragically, I think that place has now shut; I was a big (and growing) fan when I lived nearby. I loved the endearing way the waitress would simply refuse to understand why you could't eat a green curry, having already demolished an entire pond's worth of crispy ducks.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is the place above The Pond still there/ any good? Used to be where the local Thais went for food, I always thought it was rather good, not been for a couple of years though.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Another vote for Sopar - fab food and great service. Even delivered to the Royal Alex when we were there with my son a few years back.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Is it me or does nearly every pub in Brighton do Thai food now? Where did all these Thai people come from? (other than Thailand, obviously).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here