Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ohmigod! Just watch The Christian Party political broadcast!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UehIHzHdEQ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UehIHzHdEQ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

It's with their chums at the Christian People's Alliance.

I love the way they perform the metaphors like 'getting your heads out of the sand' and the 'elephant in the room'!

And if anyone can understand the bit at the end about how a vote for them is worth as much as four times a vote for the main parties, due to the electoral system, please let me know!

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I love the way they perform the metaphors like 'getting your heads out of the sand' and the 'elephant in the room'!

And if anyone can understand the bit at the end about how a vote for them is worth as much as four times a vote for the main parties, due to the electoral system, please let me know!

Keeping to the metaphorical, maybe it is time to have a party in power who are capable of feeding the five thousand with two loaves and five small fishes...given the current economic malaise!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Keeping to the metaphorical, maybe it is time to have a party in power who are capable of feeding the five thousand with two loaves and five small fishes...given the current economic malaise!

I'm not sure they could perform that to camera, though!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It would certainly make for an interesting budget statement...and quite possibly much lower taxation!

Vote Christian!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
They have quite a few posters up and about in London. I saw them campaigning on a bus in Brixton on Friday, rapping about how we should vote for them.

Ironically I was just about to see "Drag me to Hell" at that point.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
They have quite a few posters up and about in London. I saw them campaigning on a bus in Brixton on Friday, rapping about how we should vote for them.

Ironically I was just about to see "Drag me to Hell" at that point.

Excellent! :lol: How would you describe their rapping style?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Excellent! :lol: How would you describe their rapping style?

It was the typical Christian rap style really, praise the lord and all that. I would say that he seemed very up for it mind you..

There were also people dancing on the bus too, while the rapper did his stuff.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I feel like I am missing out living in the sticks, perhaps I should go back to London...bendy buses with free entertainment, that has to be the way forward!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I feel like I am missing out living in the sticks, perhaps I should go back to London...bendy buses with free entertainment, that has to be the way forward!

Alas it wasn't a bendy bus, it was on an open top bus.

Obviously the Lord too looks down on the Bendy Buses as well

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
"A Time of Jubilee"? That was 1977?

Blonde bird was OK, a little bit literal for "getting their heads of the sand" though.

"Elephant in the room" (also "elephant in the sitting room", "elephant in the living room", "elephant in the parlor", "elephant in the corner", "elephant on the dinner table", "elephant in the kitchen", "elephant on the coffee table", and "horse in the corner") is an English idiom for an obvious truth that is being ignored or goes unaddressed. It is based on the idea that an elephant in a room would be impossible to overlook; thus, people in the room who pretend the elephant is not there might be concerning themselves with relatively small and even irrelevant matters, compared to the looming big one. They are claiming the BNP is the "elephant in the room", but I think I am possibly too stupid to follow their line of logic when it comes to votes being worth 4 times as much because of proportional representation. I think they are saying that voting with a smaller party dilutes your vote amongst the smaller parties rather than doing what God bloody tells you to and voting for this lot.

Do this lot work on Sundays?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
"A Time of Jubilee"? That was 1977?

They are claiming the BNP is the "elephant in the room", but I think I am possibly too stupid to follow their line of logic when it comes to votes being worth 4 times as much because of proportional representation. I think they are saying that voting with a smaller party dilutes your vote amongst the smaller parties rather than doing what God bloody tells you to and voting for this lot.

Do this lot work on Sundays?

Surely your vote is worth exactly what it should be, seeing as it is proportional.

4 times as much seems like some sort of odd electoral system some tinpot dictator would come up with to keep themselves in power.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wonder how many muslims phoned up to complain about this PPB. :rolleyes:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely your vote is worth exactly what it should be, seeing as it is proportional.

4 times as much seems like some sort of odd electoral system some tinpot dictator would come up with to keep themselves in power.

It's not proportional though, is it? We have a first past the post system (unless I'm thinking of something else??).

Proportional Representation is what the Liberal Democrats have been angling for for years. I presume this is because it would give them a greater voice in parliament.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The European elections are based on proportional representation.

The '4 times' statistic is based on wishful thinking.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The best bit for me was the woman at 1.58 doing one of the best 'girl' run's Ive seen in a long time :clap:

Good luck to them but they wont be getting my vote. Did make me chuckle when I was in college and an old guy gave me a flyer that read "Do you feel like a flame grilled burger?............You will if you go to hell!". All I did was give way to him on the pavement, guess he thought I could be saved, ah well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here