Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ohh.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Must say I'm a bit shocked.

Is it just me who doesn't really understand why we've sold Wright for, let's say, roughly 50k ish and bought someone in on a 4 month loan?

Did we actually need that money? Was Wright that bad?

Hmmm. Very strange.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Must say I'm a bit shocked.

Is it just me who doesn't really understand why we've sold Wright for, let's say, roughly 50k ish and bought someone in on a 4 month loan?

Did we actually need that money? Was Wright that bad?

Hmmm. Very strange.

On the official site it says that he struggled to settle in off the field.

Maybe Slade thought that two want-away players was too much too handle.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What is all this 'failed to settle' shit that players say now, if you are a professional footballer then moving about is part of the job, it is only a short career.

If he can't settle in Brighton then why is Wright gonna settle any better in Bristol? Sake.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
i dont understand why we got rid of him

What is there not to understand? He couldn't settle, so it was in everyones interest that he moved on to somewhere else. Rovers offered the escape route and all parties took it. End of.

Mar 13, 2008
How did he not settle? He was only here 5 minutes.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Well it now answers my bewilderment as to why we had 4 players who could all play wide right and no outstanding candidate for wide left. Bennett looked a mirror image of Wright and I couldn't understand the duplication...also Wright, one of the leading summer signings was being relegated to the bench and a youingster, lacking match sharpness, was being started in front of him.
Anyone who watched Wright, knew something was wrong but to find out that he wasn't able to settle off the field makes me very worried.
Firstly, doesn't this tell you something about a players character, when an excuse like this is trotted out for below par performances. As said in other posts, many people have to be mobile in work but still knuckle down and give of their best.
Secondly, is the Brighton/Sussex area no longer the attraction it used to be ?
Thirdly, is this just ' clubspeak ' for the fact that he didn't get on with RS ?...and if so...good riddance...football history is littered with players who didn't like their manager but still gave of their best ( oh sorry, forgot about 14 Leeds players for 44 days in 1974 ! )
Anyway, the club have done the right thing...onward and upward.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
It's described as a 5 figure fee in the Argus, so it's somewhere between £10k an £99,999. I assume SeagulEd just took the (almost) midpoint.

Yeah exactly. I'm not going to pretend I know anything! Just thinking about it, doubt it would be any less then about 50, but because we signed him free guessing that pushed price down so 50 was worse case scenario in my opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Here are Wrights comments in the Argus (20th June) just after signing:

Which begs the question why has the Wolverhampton-born speed merchant traded Buckinghamshire for Sussex?

“The ambition of the club,” Wright explained. “It’s a nice place to live as well and I think they have got a good chance of getting in the play-offs next season.

“It’s a change for me and I think it is time for me now to move on from Milton Keynes after two years. I think this is the right club to be at.”

He said: “In the last three years I’ve had two promotions (with Walsall and MK Dons) and been in the play-offs. That is where I want to be.

“I know they struggled last season and had a difficult time but it can change this season and we can have a big push. The ambition is to get into the Championship, that’s the next step.”

Wright said: “The game down here was quite hard and in the game at MK Dons Brighton were all over us and had two great chances for Lloyd (Owusu). If they had taken them I think it would have been a completely different game.

“I was impressed with the way they played and that was one of the reasons for coming.”

He's probably SHOCKED at the way we've played since he arrived then, and thought he'd better bail out sharpish.
Its pretty obvious though, him and Slade have probably gone and had a BARNEY at him being left out of the side (quite inexplicably given that he was one of the few bright spots of the Walsall match and yet was dropped for the very next game at Swansea, and at Brentford). Then Bennett arrives and the writing is on the wall.

Nobody decides they "can't settle" after six bloody weeks. Not even Glenns missus.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The transfer window simply makes these matters get settled faster than they woulkd otherwise. Decisions have to be made, right or wrong, before they can't for another 5 months.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So we sign a bloke for free, make a bit of profit and have signed someone else (Bennett) who is essentially carbon copy.

Dont see the problem really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here