Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh Go On Then... Let's Have Another Thread On Arrogant SCC

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
"When we play some of the teams, for them it is like playing a Premier League side and it’s difficult.Nigel [Adkins, the manager] keeps on saying every team who play us in this division, it’s their cup game"

Oh FFS!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Love the sub-heading

"If there is one simple reason for the extraordinary turnover of managers in English football, it is surely the irrational belief of so many clubs that they naturally belong in the Premier League."

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
Yeah the sub heading was apt.

Apart from the cup final comment though (I love their excuses), there was nothing bad about the article. Southampton should be aiming high.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Southampton should be aiming high.

If that's where they're aiming, then they're missing with a clockwork-like regularity that Craig Davies in a blindfold would be embarrassed about.

gwc

georgeweahscousin
Apr 21, 2011
Overlooking the Solent
Chairman speak.

2014 isn't unrealistic, especially if we are promoted this season. The infrastructure and the finance is there. I'm sure Bloom has similar aims.

gwc

georgeweahscousin
Apr 21, 2011
Overlooking the Solent
I know it is not a common view - but some of the things Cortese does I agree with.

I back him completely. He upsets people, but making friends isn't his job. He has the best interests of the club in everything he does. He isn't open with the fans which some don't like, but a quiet background chairman is far better than a loudmouth brash one like that idiot Mitchell at Bournemouth for me.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
isnt this EXACTLY what some of our fans and even people at the club have been saying?

of course, when it comes from us its ambition. from southampton though, its arrogance. some people really need to get over this

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cortese is a Cvnt, I don't think we can have a go at Southampton about him, we should feel sorry for them having such a twat on board. Having said that they do have a record of twats running their club

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Cortese is a Cvnt, I don't think we can have a go at Southampton about him, we should feel sorry for them having such a twat on board. Having said that they do have a record of twats running their club

He might be a twat but forgive me for mentioning a certain Bill Archer. Sadly most clubs have them, Rupert Lowe at SCC is another.

Social Sausage

Apr 17, 2011
Incredible thread :-/ I wonder if the roles had been reversed and Tony Bloom had said the same you'd be accusing him of arrogance - or revelling in his ambition?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Incredible thread :-/ I wonder if the roles had been reversed and Tony Bloom had said the same you'd be accusing him of arrogance - or revelling in his ambition?

Yes but Tony Bloom didn't did he ? Don't let a simple matter like facts cloud your judgement.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Hasn't Gus been saying that teams know how we play so they come and try to upset that system; very similar to the 'every game's a cup game' analogy?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hasn't Gus been saying that teams know how we play so they come and try to upset that system; very similar to the 'every game's a cup game' analogy?

Not really the same thing is it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Take away the 'cup game' reference, and isn't that pretty much what Tony Bloom said?

Yes, but he is just not arrogant, and so didn't mention 'cup finals'... also, we are promoted, and as champions... they are not even promoted from L1 yet... Bloom made his comments at the appropriate time, unlike this arrogant t0sser... you can't defend Adkins, Cortese, Harding, a large proportion of their fans for their totally unjustified arrogance...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hypothetically, if he did..?

Hypothetically ? Is that like SCC's idea that they have had it harder than we have this season ? Oh no, not hypothetical but fact according to one SCC player. Also, the point you miss is that Tony Bloom has made no such pronouncements as he's rather more sensible about he says in public, not hypothetical just a fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here