Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OGH

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Interesting, with Kuipers and Hawkins likely to be invoted to pre-season, when they should be fit enough to prove their worth.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Waste of everybody's time and effort. Go and PLAY somewhere Harty.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Bringing Hart back in seems a bit silly for all involved, if he is here he'll never be part of the match squad so what is the point.

It's only fair on Hawkins and Huipers though. And good news about Cook and J. Smith.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't want him here as he would be a MILE from the first team, unless he took on a coaching role, perhaps with the development squad.

I think it is great that Hawkins is being kept on so that he can atleast get fit again with us so he has a realistic chance of getting another club

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Looks to me like Poyet is hedging his bets a little here. He probably has targets for these positions, if they don't come off he still has OGH and Kuipers around the club waiting to sign. If I was Hart or Kuipers I would look out for number 1 and try and find a club, rather than sit around and wait for us. As for CoHawk, we are just doing the right thing by him and allowing him to train with us until he is fit, then I suspect he will be off on trials at various League 2 clubs.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh please.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OGH's attitude is obviously thought of very highly by Gus. He might not play much beyond early round cup games, but I guess he's still the right person to have around the team, in a 'playing' Oatway style.
I guess it depends on how busy Gus will be over the summer.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Perhaps Gus just doesn't want to abandon players while they are injured. They probably won't be in our team but lets get them fit before we release them, that's our responsibility as a club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cod-eyes needs another club if he has any ambitions of actually playing. Trouble is, he'll be on a decent wage here so I don't blame him for staying even if his 1st team chances are, at best, Paint Pot.

He's got a FIT wife and a daughter to look after, so its undoubtedly a financial decision and staying settled, rather than a playing one.

Cod-eyes needs another club if he has any ambitions of actually playing. Trouble is, he'll be on a decent wage here so I don't blame him for staying even if his 1st team chances are, at best, Paint Pot.

He's got a FIT wife and daughter to look after, so its undoubtedly a financial decision and staying settled, rather than a playing one.

You think his baby daughter is fit?? :nono: You've gone too far this time, Sleasy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3486274 said:
You think his baby daughter is fit?? :nono: You've gone too far this time, Sleasy.

Well, it was a baby daughter when I was on HOLIDAY with them in 2002 *
She must be at least 10 by now.

* By on holiday "with" them, I happened to be staying at the same apartments in Lanzarote as the Harts. And yes, his missus is a fittie.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I was hoping for a big clearout, like Clough in 1974, and Adams in 1999. Both of these paid dividends about 2yrs later. It was a promising start to release Cox and Virgo, the present squad is poor, just look at this seasons results. If Gus has a major clearout some of the players he brings in will probably be worse than those he's got rid of, but the majority will be better. Keeping Hart, Hawkins, Kuipers, Whing, Davies, Dickinson, McNulty, Wright, Carole,Tunniciffe, Hoyte and Naisbitt may be the nice thing to do, are they serious contenders for a place in the starting eleven?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If Poyet thinks Hart et al can do a job in the squad who are we to argue. Its only for pre season any way not like they have been given contracts

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
OGH's attitude is obviously thought of very highly by Gus. He might not play much beyond early round cup games, but I guess he's still the right person to have around the team, in a 'playing' Oatway style.
I guess it depends on how busy Gus will be over the summer.

What he said, and.........

If Poyet thinks Hart et al can do a job in the squad who are we to argue. Its only for pre season any way not like they have been given contracts

this too.
Gives options as cover in various positions and has the attitude Gus would like his other players to show.:clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We don't see the players day after day like Gus does. I can imagine there's plenty that OGH does offer: the ability to play in several different positions for one and the capacity not to whinge and moan if left out. Not to mention it must be handy to know that you'll have at least one player who'll give 100% every time he's on the field. I agree with Pantani though - let's see who Brighton can get in the summer before we start chucking out people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here