Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official matchday threads

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What is the correct syntax for these things.

Please be aware that we LOST the last game, which means this cannot be correct:

Opposition Vs Brighton and Hove Albion***Official Match Thread***

Cheers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh and lets get this right before tomorrow. NSC should not be responsible for another 3 points spunked away.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Official threads should ALWAYS start with asterisks so that they stand out. It's pointless having them in the middle. Agree that the bloke who started the last one should be physically prevented from starting any more.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Official threads should ALWAYS start with asterisks so that they stand out. It's pointless having them in the middle. Agree that the bloke who started the last one should be physically prevented from starting any more.
Can a mod see to it that he receives a permanent ban?

And shockingly, this current format had been adopted for the match before the DK MONGS game. Just think how many we'd have beaten Plymouth by if the correct standards had been adhered to. Personally, I favour this format:

*** Opposition Vs Brighton and Hove Albion - Official Match Thread ***

Points to note:
3 asterisks either side of the entire message
No spelling mistakes
A single space between the asterisks and the sentence, on both sides
A nice, simple, single dash (padded out with a single space on either side) between the fixture in question and the word "Official",...
...which should be capitalised: "Official"

:thumbsup:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Mine from the other week:

*** Bristol Rovers vs Brighton and Hove Albion - Official Match Thread ***

Worked pretty well.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

And shockingly, this current format had been adopted for the match before the DK MONGS game. Just think how many we'd have beaten Plymouth by if the correct standards had been adhered to. Personally, I favour this format:

Points to note:
No spelling mistakes
A nice, simple, single dash (padded out with a single space on either side) between the fixture in question and the word "Official",...

100% this.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Worked pretty well.

Make sure you're on here bright and early tomorrow to start the Yeovil one then :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Worked pretty well.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Clearly someone should put you in charge of official match threads as you are 100% full of right.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Points to note:
No spelling mistakes

To be honest for me it's not so much the superstition thing, but it's often my way of following a game. If I'm doing something else (especially for midweek games) I don't like to just find out the result. Coming on here either late at night or first thing in the morning I like to read the *** Official *** thread from the beginning as that way you get a sense of the game unfolding. I put my hand on the screen to cover up the thread titles and only expose the first few characters, then when I see the leading asterisks I can open the thread. If the thread isn't properly marked there's always the risk that I'll inadvertently find out the result by seeing one of the many subsidiary threads which tend to give the game away as they're all along the lines of "Well that was a load of shit" or "Going up as champions!"

Yeah, yeah, I know, bad fan, should go to the game etc etc etc.

Sep 1, 2010
Shit off. The last one i started in exactly the same format we beat Orient 5-0.

old-man-laughing.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here