• 18th

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • 19th

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 20th

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

With the Albion returning to league action tomorrow night, we could with a win and other results going in our favour, climb up to 13th position.

If we were to think the unthinkable and lose at Stockport, then at least we could not drop from our present position of 20th as Oldham will not be playing mid week.

So the games that matter are:

Charlton v Leyton Orient (27 points) - playing Monday night
Brentford v Southampton (30 points)
Exeter (29 points) v Carlisle (29 points)
Hartlepool (30 points) v Gillingham (27 points)
Millwall v Southend (30 points)
Stockport v BHA (27 points)

So where do you think we will be in the league by the time we kick off against Millwall?

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Hopefully the highest possible position . If we win the next 2 n results go our way we could go up to 10th

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
would like to think charlton turn orient over and carlisle slip up, we have a realistic chance of taking 3 points at stockport if we play anywhere near as good as saturday, i think thier forward jabo ibehre got sent off saturday which will help

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From their website:

Stockport boss Gary Ablett will be missing two players through suspension for the home clash with Brighton.

Midfielder David Poole serves the final game of a three-match ban and Jabo Ibehre is also suspended after he was sent off in Saturday's goalless draw at Carlisle.

MK Dons forward Ibehre last week joined County for 28 days on but saw red for two bookings at Brunton Park and now misses out against the Seagulls.

Ablett has no other major concerns and saw his rock-bottom side end a horrendous 12-match losing streak at the weekend.

The ex-Liverpool defender said: "The players have had a fantastic attitude through this dreadful run. Carlisle put us under pressure at the start of the second half but we stood firm."

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I expect us to rise a place tonight as I can't see Leyton Orient getting anything out of the game and I would expect them to lose by two goals.

Brentford have quite a decent home record and they are hard to beat (unbeaten at home since October), but Southampton are in decent form and they have made some cunning signings. I would err on the side of caution with that one...

Brentford vs Southampton H 30% D 35% A35%

Exeter haven't lost at home since Andrew Crofts' late winner and they will be full of confidence after beating Leeds at St James Park, despite a recent setback away to Yeovil. Carlisle have lost a third of their away matches and they recently beat Leeds in the JPT at Elland Rd, but they drew a blank at home to Stockport. I would back Exeter to win this one.

Exeter vs Carlisle H 45% D 30% A 25%

Hartlepool have a patchy home record, losing as many as they win. They recently got turned over by MK Dons at Victoria Park (0-5) so will be going all guns to erase that memory. Gillingham have lost 11 out of their 13 on the road and I would be tempted to back Hartlepool to bounce back.

Hartlepool vs Gillingham H 50% D 35% A 15%

Hard to see Millwall slipping up on this one. They have only lost once at home and won 9 out of 14. Southend have lost their main goal threat and their away record is poor.

Millwall vs Southend H 60% D 25% A 15%

Poor old Stockport are playing with a youth team. The winter months have not been kind to them and they have only taken one point from a possible 39. The last time they tasted victory was way back in October. There are only 3 teams that have taken more points on the road than Brighton and they sit in the top three. Indicators would suggest that Brighton should win this, but then we don't always follow the suggested trend, do we?

Stockport vs Brighton H 15% D 35% A 50%

would like to think charlton turn orient over and carlisle slip up, we have a realistic chance of taking 3 points at stockport if we play anywhere near as good as saturday, i think thier forward jabo ibehre got sent off saturday which will help

Thanks for pointing out about Orient. I missed this one & I think that it would be a fair bet that we will rise one place tonight without playing!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Couldnt be bothered to work it out with goal difference etc, i think we will win at Stockport, Orient,Brentford and southend will lose, Exeter should beat carlisle and can see Hartlepool v Gills being a draw, should take us up a few places with a couple of games in hand still to play over some teams :thumbsup:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i think we'll win the next 3. 9 points will shoot us right up the league. i was getting all carried away and dreaming of a late late assault on that last play off position, but then i noticed we're playing leeds, norwich and charlton almost in succession, which will probably bump us down to lower midtable.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
would be good to pick up some points because we have leeds norwich and charlton and they wont be fun, can see us being mid table and then dropping don again with those matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here