Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official back (or on the way back) from Derby thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Decent performance I thought.

Rode our luck a bit at times but our back 5 showed they were determined to come home with 'Derby 0' in their back pockets and so they did.

Looked a great finish from CMS from around the edge of the box after some good build-up play.

In the second half we started to play some neat stuff, possibly for the first time since the first 15 mins of the Palace game.

I think a lot of confidence will have been earned tonight and we should grow from here, especially as our injured players return to full match fitness. Great to see El Abd back and Hoskins, despite rusty, showed a few glimpses of what he can offer.

Hoorah!

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was only half listening to the radio, it seemed like they were quite complimentary of harley, and then towards the latter stages started to get critical of him.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just back from Derby.

Rode our luck at times,thought CMS & Greer had good games. Pretty decent following for a midweek away fixture. :clap2:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just home. Fans were fantastic tonight. Yes we rode our luck in the first half and I don't know how Derby didn't score but they seem to have real problems putting it in the net this season and it will cost them for sure. Can we please sign Ward in the January window? Cracking little player created everything but I don't know how Prriskin stayed on after he assaulted Dunk at the end of the first half. Second half I never really thought they would get a goal and CMS was unlucky not to add to a cracking goal when he hit the post.

Calde had a rough time against Ward so good decision to bring on elAbd/ He looked rusty which is fair enough but he did okay. Greer was immense and unlucky not to score with a couple of efforts - his best of the season so far. Better support for CMS from Hoskins but worried he looked injured when he came off? Would be just our luck Good game for Ankergren and even Harley looked a bit better although Navs was the pick in midfield for me and Bridcutt a bit off the boil with some sloppy passing.

All-in-all agreat night. Up to 7th anda great confidence boost plus I see Reid got sent off for Forest so will miss Saturday

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
Great support again tonight. Thought we played pretty well. Not sure how Clough reckons they could have been out if sight by half time. Though they had some decent chances so did we.

Anyway can hold my head high tomorrow with Ram's fans, which is a bonus. Well done lads and all those who travelled up. Great stuff

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
he is definitely growing more confident
the way cantor said on bbc sussex that one of our players was really laying into harley made it sound like he hates the man.

Best Foot Forward

Apr 29, 2008
Burgess Hill
Just back to my hotel via a couple of pubs. Good result against a dissapointing Derby side. The Derby fans I spoke with after the game thought we deserved the win with a "professional away performance". Can't disagree

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Decent performance I thought.

Rode our luck a bit at times but our back 5 showed they were determined to come home with 'Derby 0' in their back pockets and so they did.

Looked a great finish from CMS from around the edge of the box after some good build-up play.

In the second half we started to play some neat stuff, possibly for the first time since the first 15 mins of the Palace game.

I think a lot of confidence will have been earned tonight and we should grow from here, especially as our injured players return to full match fitness. Great to see El Abd back and Hoskins, despite rusty, showed a few glimpses of what he can offer.

Hoorah!

just got home, and have to say this is a fair assessment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here