Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Off to tenerife next week for at least 2 months

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Can anyone give me some advice on what to do and where to go. I'm looking to get work out there and speak no spanish. I'm looking to hit south Tenerife.
ps Any beautiful beaches?

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
watch out for the polish , they are real cun****ts out there!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I know its obvious but try and learn some Spanish as quick as you can

Is it essential?

I've worked in magaluf and Ibiza where you've more chance of work speaking English. Is it not like these places?

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
make an effort to intergrate with the locals or your missing out on half the experience. Also feb, march and april is a shit time to go for work ( if your after bar work or other tourism based work )

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why are you going in the first place if you don't know the place, don't speak the language and don't have a job to go to?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Are you lot mental, it's one of the biggest english holiday resorts in europe, of course he won't need to speak spanish.

Las Americas and Los Christianos will be very much like you had in ibiza and magaluf. I take it you're looking for bar work? My mate worked out there a couple of years ago and had no problem.

Have a good time :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Judging by his previous overseas work experience, I am assuming he is not going for the cultural experience of another country, just a 24/7 party and handing out a few flyers outside the clubs, graduating to bar work!!!!

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I have friends out there,Spain is one of the few countries worse off than us, they are laying off staff in all areas,the housing market is in free fall. Many want to return but they cant sell their homes so are forced to stay.
Even in the best times it was always recommended that you speak the language.

D

Deleted member 2719

TIP: Don't trust those thieving bastard taxi drivers who will drive you all round the island in the early hours when it's only a mile trip home!

:rant:

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
watch out for the polish , they are real cun****ts out there!

Add to that the Moroccans, I got my wallet lifted on Christmas night by Linekers bar. Luckily I felt it and he only got a few feet before I thumped him and grabbed it back.

My advice, if anyone wants to touch you, pat you or put an arm around you shove them away because they all at it.:annoyed:

That aside its a great place, enjoy!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 57

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here