Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Observations from last night

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I certainly am not going to push the panic button after last night but a couple of things stood out:

1. I thought the midfield seemed totally outfought, which is very unusual for a MM team. Chippy/Charlie and Deano looked very ordinary against a very good midfield.

2. Obviously having money helps, but I thought the new players that reading had looked a different gravy to ours. You cant really tell about the Argie yet as usual with our signings he is not yet fit, but he has some decent touches and a cracking shot. Dodds I was extremely dissapointed in, I expected far more....Kazim ran around a lot, but looked a bit lost at times, The Centre back from Manu should be playing premiership stuff...he is class and far too good for us, hence he is only a loan!! Henderson is no Blaney, or Kuipers for that matter, but looks reasonable.

All in all, I come back to the point I have made many many times. When Jakey plays we look a different side. He gives us pace, ability, movement and impetus. I know it was game over time, but when Jakey came on we looked good again.

My only critisism of MM is that he is wrong about Jakey.

All in all 4/10 yesterday...must do better

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
brightonfan_86 said:
I jinxed Dodd last night, when he took his first corner of the night, i said to my dad he is good at taking these. And then he played shit afterwards, so you can blame me for that.

ok

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
brightonfan_86 said:
I jinxed Dodd last night, when he took his first corner of the night, i said to my dad he is good at taking these. And then he played shit afterwards, so you can blame me for that.

YEah because its all down to you that he played shit.

There's dodd about to play a ball in and he hears you say to your dad he's good and thinks right I'm gonna be shit today just to prove him wrong.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Calm down tinx.

After all Fourteenth Eye saw his bird on the day of the game and when that happens we never win so it was his fault really.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
tinx said:
YEah because its all down to you that he played shit.

There's dodd about to play a ball in and he hears you say to your dad he's good and thinks right I'm gonna be shit today just to prove him wrong.

Yeah but he could have heard that and though 'god, I can't let this kid down now' and he couldn't handle the pressure, crumbled and was shit for the rest of the game.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
munster monch said:
Yeah but he could have heard that and though 'god, I can't let this kid down now' and he couldn't handle the pressure, crumbled and was shit for the rest of the game.

or i could be dodd. and heard kev say that i was class. so i ruined all my set pieces so people would moan at him now therefore fulfilling my need to see people have a go at him due to my hatred for him.

capiche?:jester:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Don't forget Reading are a very good team, and will be in the play offs this season. Look at their line up and think about the great buys Coppell has made plus the investment that's gone in. Lita £1m, Kitson £450k ( what a bargain); Sidwell £375k (another absolute bargain ); Convey 800k. Then there are the quality frees like Little, Hunt etc. They are a good outfit.

I don't think we should panic but we do need to ge the squad finalised asap. I'm not impressed with Henderson. You could see that the defence hasn't got a lot of confidence in him. But I think everyone knows its the midfield which needs strengthening. Hammond is NOT a wide player and frequently was anonymous last night, something which we can't afford.
I actually thought Charlie did ok last night but Carpenter was poor. But there was no width and that's whay Leon had to play like a winger at times.

The other thing to bear in mind is that we may again be successful on the road because it suits our style to play defensively and be hard to beat whereas at home the onus is on us to attack. Without the creativity we need we may struggle to score goals at Withdean until we finalise the squad.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sneaky George said:

The other thing to bear in mind is that we may again be successful on the road because it suits our style to play defensively and be hard to beat whereas at home the onus is on us to attack. Without the creativity we need we may struggle to score goals at Withdean until we finalise the squad.

If that is correct then MM should say bollocks to trying to entertain the home fans-at least until we know where the club's future lies. Get points in any way we can and screw trying to do it in style.

We really do need a tad more cash injected into the squad-and quite quickly before the transfer window closes on us.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
dave the gaffer said:
I. You cant really tell about the Argie yet as usual with our signings he is not yet fit, but he has some decent touches and a cracking shot.

WTF ??? if he's not fit whys he playing? these guys are paid professional athletes, thats no excuse at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here