Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Observations from Family Stand

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
1. Yet again, there was no noise coming out of the south stand except the odd shout of "seagulls" or the shouting when the players were taking a break.

2. We play better away from home because the players recognise that our away support is really vocal and get behind the team and that motivates them to play better.

3. People were bored...Whats the point of selling cheap tickets to families when they're going to be bored. The team need to act with passion and fight and yesterday there was almost a air of not giving a toss by some players.

4. Sorry that this is a player moan, but what's the point of Steven Thompson? I've been watching him since his debut V Huddersfield last year and he's just completely anonymous.

5. Can someone tell me the difference between yesterday's and the performance V Bristol Rovers when compared to the so called "awful" football we were playing last season at home?

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
1. Yet again, there was no noise coming out of the south stand except the odd shout of "seagulls" or the shouting when the players were taking a break.

2. We play better away from home because the players recognise that our away support is really vocal and get behind the team and that motivates them to play better.

3. People were bored...Whats the point of selling cheap tickets to families when they're going to be bored. The team need to act with passion and fight and yesterday there was almost a air of not giving a toss by some players.

4. Sorry that this is a player moan, but what's the point of Steven Thompson? I've been watching him since his debut V Huddersfield last year and he's just completely anonymous.

5. Can someone tell me the difference between yesterday's and the performance V Bristol Rovers when compared to the so called "awful" football we were playing last season at home?

you were certainly right about no.1, i was in block g and it was only the good old block h'rs that were bothered!
right with no2,3 and 5!
but i cant agree with your comments about steve thompson! i believe he has the biggest impact as a midfielder for the albion. hes very much like the league 1 paul scholes, hes a very 'correct' player if you like, hes got brilliant pass completion rates and seems to always be available for a pass! for me hes on par with nicky and elphick as our best outfield player!

derek furlong

Mar 16, 2007
worthing
The silence at our 'home' football matches is absolutely f*cking deafening.You can blame who you like but the biggest suppressant is the inflexibility of the enforcers of crowd management that currently police Withdean.
Trust some of the most over zealous twats in the football League, to be attached to the Albion.
No wonder the kids of Albion parents are so hard to convert from TV Premiership supporting to the real deal that should be BHAFC.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bearing in mind the average attention span of an 8 year old is about 10 minutes I would imagine Saturday would have been absolute torture for most of them. They probably went home crying in the car " Daddy please don't ever take me to that place " sob sob.

Dad " If you promise to be a good boy and be good in school and eat your greens and go to bed early I will never take you again " thanks Dad " sob sob " I promise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here