Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oatway to help with first team

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
He could clearly be seen on the last pre-match interview with Slade coaching the first team in the background. Good move methinks.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the encouraging thing is that he must have shown something Slade likes and that it is clearly Slade's choice/decision

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didnt OGH say that the dressing room was a bit "quiet" this season, probably Charlie is there to liven things up a bit.

Im all for a bit of tub thumping.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Great move. Charlie is a fantastic motivator.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure he was helping out on the pitch pre-match last Saturday.

Edit: Having read the article, I see it mentions this!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
White OUT?

Why?? The dislike of White and Booker astounds me, if Slade didn't get on with them or didn't think they were any good they would be gone. The clear out at the end of last season shows he is not afraid to make a decision or two

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why?? The dislike of White and Booker astounds me, if Slade didn't get on with them or didn't think they were any good they would be gone. The clear out at the end of last season shows he is not afraid to make a decision or two

Be good if the set pieces looked like they had been coached and planned for though. We are really quite dreadful at set pieces, who is to blame?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Be good if the set pieces looked like they had been coached and planned for though. We are really quite dreadful at set pieces, who is to blame?

Dean Cox being unable to clear the first defender might have something to do with it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I adore Charlie Oatway - great move!

:ascarf:

I wouldn't go that far! On his day he was a very average L2 player ,nothing more apart from being the team clown/motivator in the dressing room and training field For that perhaps its a good move. As far as tactical nonce that certainly was very obvious when he played.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I like Charlie like everyone else, just dont think he will add anything to the party that we havnt already got. Done a job at a level we are trying to move on from, cant see potential signings being sold the club with Charlie being added to the staff. Sideways step for me im afraid, top man thou.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I wouldn't go that far! On his day he was a very average L2 player ,nothing more apart from being the team clown/motivator in the dressing room and training field For that perhaps its a good move. As far as tactical nonce that certainly was very obvious when he played.NOT

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We are really quite dreadful at set pieces, who is to blame?

I don't know, but the complaint has been an NSC evergreen since at least 2003....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here