Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oatway must NOT play vs Coventry

Nov 3, 2003
to have any hope of picking up a point we cant have a clown like Charlie Oatway playing and it makes me :lolol: that Magoo considers the :dunce: to say this is positive news on the official site is sorta joke surely. How we gave this clown of football a contract is well unbelievable. We will have Coventry running rings round us in midfield if that clown plays.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'd rather have Oatway playing in the centre of midfield than Kerry Mayo.

Last edited:

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
same old same old yawn yawn....

Get Charlie back in we missed him in the second half against reading and we certainly missed him against Plymouth

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
at least he puts his foot in, more than mayo!! THE PROBLEM IS WE DIDNT EVER HAVE THE BALL IN THE FIRST PLACE TO ACTUALLY PASS IT ON TUESDAY. IF YOU HAVE CHARLIE IN HE WILL WIN THE BALL AND THEN WE CAN WORRY ABOUT PLAYING IT THROUGH.

*caps lock slipped on by accident but i feel it emphasized my point well so ill keep it this time!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
at least he puts his foot in, more than mayo!! THE PROBLEM IS WE DIDNT EVER HAVE THE BALL IN THE FIRST PLACE TO ACTUALLY PASS IT ON TUESDAY. IF YOU HAVE CHARLIE IN HE WILL WIN THE BALL AND THEN WE CAN WORRY ABOUT PLAYING IT THROUGH.

*caps lock slipped on by accident but i feel it emphasized my point well so ill keep it this time!

However at least Mayo attempted to break out of midfield and try and support the forwards on Tuesday (granted to little effect) which is more than any of the central midfield tried at Reading. If we play the extra striker on Saturday, I would hope that Oatway is not brought in at the expense of Reid or Nicholas as he will be run ragged.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Uncle Buck said:
However at least Mayo attempted to break out of midfield and try and support the forwards on Tuesday (granted to little effect) which is more than any of the central midfield tried at Reading. If we play the extra striker on Saturday, I would hope that Oatway is not brought in at the expense of Reid or Nicholas as he will be run ragged.
good point but i must admit i wouldnt mind he coming in for reid who was crap to be honest

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I didn't even realise Reid was playing on Tuesday until the guy next to me said he'd beein subbed off....

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Reid is almost guaranteed a place as he is the only midfielder we have capable of passing. Oatway is an assett but he HAS to be played alongside a playmaker. You can't get away with just workhorses in the middle of the park in this division.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect that we will stick with the same midfield that we had against Plymouth but would expect them to do their jobs better. It appeared that they were unsure of what they where indiviually supposed to be doing. This will be sorted out on the training ground this week.

I think that the only change will be to compensate Harding's suspension. Jones and Mayo between themm have to play Left back and midfield who plays where?

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
I thought that Charlie would be out of his depth in the Championship, but if he continues to play as he did at Reading then we have nobody better than him at the current time.

He gives 110% and puts himself about, unlike others in the team

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Charlie is a world beating football genius compared to currie

i know who i would want in the side

At least charlie works hard full commitment not on a free meal ticket like currie and buy the looks of his gut its one hell of a ticket

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Oatway kept Sidwell quiet. Oatway kept Bristol City quiet. He won't be fot for Sat will he? He can do a job at this level if supported by two other central midfielders.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone know the latest on Oatways hammy ? Can't see that clearing up properly within the space of a week, I'll be surprised if he plays.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Turkey said:
Oatway kept Sidwell quiet. Oatway kept Bristol City quiet. He won't be fot for Sat will he? He can do a job at this level if supported by two other central midfielders.
Not 4-5-1 again? :lolol:

(joke)

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
FG aka Football Genius. said:
to have any hope of picking up a point we cant have a clown like Charlie Oatway playing and it makes me :lolol: that Magoo considers the :dunce: to say this is positive news on the official site is sorta joke surely. How we gave this clown of football a contract is well unbelievable. We will have Coventry running rings round us in midfield if that clown plays.

The football genius has spoken. I guess that makes Charlie a good bet for player of the season then!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
when oatway was on against reading he marked sidwell and haprer out of the game. he went off and they won the midfield and we didn't get the possesion to get back in the game.

coventry have tim sherwood, one of the best passes in the division. he tore sunderland apart when they played on sky, and they're a team heading for the play offs. we need charlie in to keep him quiet if we're going to have any chance of taking a point at the least

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here