Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oasis tour?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Oasis have just announced some dates in Scotland in November so fairly good bet they'll hit the road in England too. Bound to sell like hot cakes so if anyone hears of pre-sale, do tell. Thanks.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I will want to get tickets for their next England tour. The new album is released later on this year, and that is meant to be the dogs dangly bits. If I hear anything I will post.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Wembley and City of Manchester Stadiums pencilled in apparantly.

Saw them at Wembley before it got knocked down supported by The Happy Mondays.

Will do everything I can to be there if they play it again.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Wembley and City of Manchester Stadiums pencilled in apparantly.

Saw them at Wembley before it got knocked down supported by The Happy Mondays.

Will do everything I can to be there if they play it again.

if they announced wembley with the happy mondays i'd go f***ing wild

:yahoo:

mongoose

Jul 24, 2007
Think this will be a fairly extensive arena tour then the stadium dates will follow next summer.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Bearing in mind this tour is going to be Nov/Dec would have thought would be indoor venues, probably do the big outdoor gigs and festivals next summer.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I've seen Oasis 3 times over the past 10 or 12 years and every time i've walked away feeling very underwhelmed. They've written some great songs over all of the albums, but IMHO other than a very good Greatest Hits album they have very little to offer any more.
Although it may well be good, I can't see the new album coming close to either Definitely Maybe or Morning Glory.
Noel Gallagher is still one of the best interviewees in the business though!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I remember seeing them the firs ttime they played the brighton Centre and they were awesome but since then I have seen them a few times and they have never really matched up to the first time.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I've seen Oasis 3 times over the past 10 or 12 years and every time i've walked away feeling very underwhelmed. They've written some great songs over all of the albums, but IMHO other than a very good Greatest Hits album they have very little to offer any more.
Although it may well be good, I can't see the new album coming close to either Definitely Maybe or Morning Glory.
Noel Gallagher is still one of the best interviewees in the business though!
No way will the new album be anywhere as good as the first two but there'll be a few good tunes. I've seen them twice; at Earls Court on the Morning Glory tour and at then 3 years ago at the City of Manchester stadium. I was dubious they'd still be able to pull it off but they really were top notch. For me they're a bit like the Rolling Stones now, the albums aren't that good but when they play live they're still a class act live. Oasis greatest hits is ok by me.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I remember seeing them the firs ttime they played the brighton Centre and they were awesome but since then I have seen them a few times and they have never really matched up to the first time.

I was there! It was just at the time Supersonic was released. Certainly wasn't a sell out and was only a few weeks before the radiohead iron lung tour gig.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
I saw them a few years ago at The Brighton Centre and I was very disappointed. It all seemed to be about their "wild" image the way they strutted about. I guess they were, and always will be, more of a big stadium band and felt The Brighton Centre a little beneath them.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Tour dates announced this morning:-

Liverpool Echo Arena (October 7, 8)
Sheffield Arena (10, 11)
Birmingham NIA (13, 14)
London Wembley Arena (16, 17)
Bournemouth BIC (20, 21)
Cardiff International Arena (23, 24)
Belfast Odyssey Arena (29, 30)
Aberdeen Exhibition Centre (November 1, 2)
Glasgow SECC (4, 5)

Tickets for the tour go on sale at 9am (BST) on Wednesday (August 20).

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Tour dates announced this morning:-

Liverpool Echo Arena (October 7, 8)
Sheffield Arena (10, 11)
Birmingham NIA (13, 14)
London Wembley Arena (16, 17)
Bournemouth BIC (20, 21)
Cardiff International Arena (23, 24)
Belfast Odyssey Arena (29, 30)
Aberdeen Exhibition Centre (November 1, 2)
Glasgow SECC (4, 5)

Tickets for the tour go on sale at 9am (BST) on Wednesday (August 20).

how much are we talking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here