Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T-Where can I get a decent suit?

Seagull Stew

OK before I go on, yes I am 31 and no I don't already possess one, but think it's about time I owned at least one suit.
Was just wondering if anyone on here had any recommendations about where I can get one.
I'm looking probably at a black one (probably the most versatile colour I'd say) but not expensive, looking at the spending in the region of £200 tops (or am I being naive here).
Also, I live in Bexhill so shops in either Bexhill (Yeah Right!!!), Hastings or Eastbourne would be preferable.
Would Burtons or Top Man be suitable as I do want something quite modern looking, or are those places utter shitola!
Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Do not, repeat, do not buy a suit from Top Man.

Ned bought one and the first time it was drycleaned there was a problem with it. There ensued a major argument between Top Man and the dry cleaning company and it seemed the material was inferior.
It cost over £100 11 years ago.

Try Next for good quality.

Whatever you do, avoid the places where the players shop.

Has anyone noticed that a footballer in a regulation post-match suit looks as gawky and uncomfortable as an eleven year old in a brand new school uniform? Where the hell do they get them?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My suggestion is a little out of your patch but well worth the trip. Stephen Lawrence in Chichester, excellent suites, excellent service, but £200 is a bit niaive, make it £300 and you'll get a cracking 2 peice.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
£200 for a suit?!! At the risk of sounding like Dwayne, £200 isn't going to buy you much unless you want a very boring, middle of the road suit from somewhere like Next or River Island

Btw, you are 31 and don't own a suit? Jesus, what do you do when you get invited to a wedding or an "official" engagement? Wear jeans?! :)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have always got my suits from NEXT! They are cheap and quite stylish!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Actually, DEBENHAMS do a wide range of pretty decent schmutter from various label designers. You should get something pretty decent for £200, and probably get some change out of that as well.

If you really want top quality, go to Gresham Blake in Bond Street, Brighton. He will run up a made-to-measure suit in any given material, with almost any lining. The Albion players have their official suits made by him. Mind you, prices do start at about £750.

We ran a piece in our magazine a couple of years ago about a bloke getting married who had his morning suit made by Gresham Blake. The lining was made out of an Albion shirt. Looked pretty cool as well.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Get yourself down to somewhere like Cecil Gee in East Street, Brighton. With the sales on, you should get a decent suit for £200.
I would agree to avoid Top Shop and Burtons.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Next wins it for me bought on very nice for about £150 lasted really well, untill got glassed on the head and blood ruined it saying that i didnt take it to the dry cleaners so will never know if it could have been cleaned.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I like Luigi's in Gardner Street. Some lovely schmutter there.

I had a Next suit once: it fell apart after 3 months.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Suits You are pretty good, I got my last one from Cecil Gee though. Failing that Moss Bros are ok for getting a reasonable suit quite cheap.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Lord Bracknell said:
Whatever you do, avoid the places where the players shop.

Has anyone noticed that a footballer in a regulation post-match suit looks as gawky and uncomfortable as an eleven year old in a brand new school uniform? Where the hell do they get them?

My mate works in Cecil Gee. He is always telling me about how he serves famous people.

He kept telling me that Jake Robinson shops in there, until I asked him what Jake Robinson looks like; and he responded "He's that small coloured player."

:jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ciro Cetterio is closing down, you might find a bargain there but most of their stuff is sold out. You could try M & S or Burtons. All well and good buying a flash suit but fashion suits soon date. Bog standard two pieces don't.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
buying a decent, expensive suit first time around saves money in the long run. I've had a Hugo Boss suit for around 2 years now and it looks as good as the day I bought it, it set me back about £550 but I would put money on it lasting 3 times as long as a Topman, Cecil Gee, Zara etc...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here