Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T: TV aerials

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I get pretty poor reception with my analogue aerial maiking BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4 unwatchable sometimes. There appears to be a rectangular metal bit of the aerial that is broken and rattling around in the wind. I also get a fair bit of pixellation on my Sky channels so I guess that means the Sky dish needs re-aligning?

I guess any company will now say the analogue aerial needs to be replaced with a digital aerial but that would be fine as it would mean the built in Freeview on my TV would now work so I could watch that while recording a Sky channel.

Can anyone recommend a reliable company that serves the Eastbourne area to have a look at/replace the analogue aerial (and maybe re-align the Sky dish too)?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Think there's a few on here, keep a look out to see if they respond to this thread.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I get pretty poor reception with my analogue aerial maiking BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4 unwatchable sometimes. There appears to be a rectangular metal bit of the aerial that is broken and rattling around in the wind. I also get a fair bit of pixellation on my Sky channels so I guess that means the Sky dish needs re-aligning?

I guess any company will now say the analogue aerial needs to be replaced with a digital aerial but that would be fine as it would mean the built in Freeview on my TV would now work so I could watch that while recording a Sky channel.

Can anyone recommend a reliable company that serves the Eastbourne area to have a look at/replace the analogue aerial (and maybe re-align the Sky dish too)?

BBC1 and ITV1 are unwatchable at the best of times.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Company near me in Brighton that have been around for years & i have used them, Try 625 Ariels.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Try 625 Ariels.

Ariel_Liquid_1.5.jpg

All you need now is another 622.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There is no such thing as a digital aerial.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

It would be best to get the aerial replaced and then you could watch the channels on Freeview. With pixellation on Sky that would suggest the dish needs to be realigned and/or the lnb also replaced , make sure that the engineer uses a signal meter to get the optimum signal/quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here