Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/t - Ntl

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm about to move and prepose to use NTL for TV, phone and broadband, anybody have any recent experience of NTL ?

Having seen that Watchdog report on NTL I'm more than slightly dubious.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
bhaexpress said:
I'm about to move and prepose to use NTL for TV, phone and broadband, anybody have any recent experience of NTL ?

i used to temp for them- honestly only use them if you cant afford anyone else. tip for you though..... ask for a silver Samsung digibox and insist on having your bband through a Stand Alone Cable Modem... that way you dont suffer loss of signal strength and other various problems.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't have any choice as far as the TV goes as this new flat is in an area where Sky dishes are not allowed.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Have had NTL TV for 10 years and broadband for 2 1/2. No problems with either. Their customer service sometimes takes a while to pick up but they have improved a lot recently and the broadband helpdesk is very good (so far).

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
been with them 2 years ,have tv package,broadband,very good service and heard everyones been upgraded again soon free of charge,thats twice in a year.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hmmm, seems in the main that NTL aren't so bad. I have BT Broadband and their support is rubbish

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
After two years of NTL, i have had anough and i am switching away. If have found their all round service below par.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Weezle said:
After two years of NTL, i have had anough and i am switching away. If have found their all round service below par.

I have ntl for phone, tv and broadband.

I waited in today for my 4TH service call in a month and the c n u t s forgot to book the effing call:angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm self employed so cost of lost business, etc., etc. What did the wankers offer me to stop me moving to another supplier? 30 QUID! 30 FRIGGING QUID.:angry: :angry: A manager was supposed to call me back this evening and I'm still waiting.

NTL can f*** OFF:angry: :angry: :angry:

interesting you made this topic o/t:lolol: . An o/t topic on nsc? Surely not:lolol:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
blueandwhitearmy said:
sorry, what exactly happened on watchdog?

NTL were slagged off thoroughly for very poor service. I've never had a problem with Sky but I use Tele2 for phones and more than a few international calls go astray. As I use a speed dial I don't think it's me. As for Btinternet there's not many polite things I can say about them.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Weezle said:

Agree, and just done that myself. Much happier with BT & Sky

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
They are fine 99% of the time, although call centre and "red button" functions are bad.

I still recommend them for the reasons they are cheap and convienient. Plus free upgrade to 2MB b'band if you pay £24.99 a month for 750k :bounce:

Squiggsy

Oct 26, 2003
Worthing
Have had everything with C&W / Nynex / ntl as they've progressed through last 8 years from analogue to digital.

Had the occasional problem along the way, but in general am v pleased. Will be getting the cable tv and broadband installed when move into girlfriend's later in year as happy to stay with them.

Now.....if only they got a move on with wireless......

Terrace Dandy

Banned
Mar 19, 2004
bhaexpress said:

Oi mush. you've been on about moving for the last 5 years. USA or here. make your f***ing mind up you attention seeking muppet.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: O/t - Ntl

Terrace Dandy said:
Oi mush. you've been on about moving for the last 5 years. USA or here. make your f***ing mind up you attention seeking muppet.

Angry middle aged man alert

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We had NTL in Huddersfield for phone, tv and internet for 5 years.
We upgraded from dial up to broadband and analogue to digital in that time and didn't have any problems at all.

The only reason we are not with them now is that they don't cover this area.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: O/t - Ntl

Terrace Dandy said:

Sorry Adolf but as far as attention seeking gos ...... Pot, Kettle, Black (sorry shouldn't say 'black' to you).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here