Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T New Tory leader

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Following the IDS charade in Blackpool, I would like to nominate a candidate for new Tory leader - Boris Johnson!

Some people may ask, 'Why Boris?' What is the appeal of this man, who by measures is unkempt, bumbling and, some say, a buffoon? Well, to these, I declare that Boris may be the very last stronghold of political sincerity left in our once-great nation. In one man, we find all this this Nation needs to survive: independence, volition, eloquence, and Euroskepticism. In our modern political world of spin, sleaze and sycophancy, Boris is a bastion of forwardness, integrity and satire. Unafraid to challenge those in the wrong, unafraid to support those under the thumb, and without a positive political reputation to defense, Boris is the vital free agent of British politics. His popular appeal, media influence and unmistakable uniqueness make him a vital asset for Britain.
Clowns to the left of us, jokers to the right...and Boris in the middle of it all

He would make a great PM

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That IDS speech yesterday was one of the most tragically comical things I've seen for a while. Seeing someone pretending to be a hard man, who is in fact a sap, is excruciating. He is finished.

'The quiet man is turning up the volume'. They'll be shaking in No10. I'm no Tory, but I like Boris Johnson, he's genuine. They've managed not to choose the best two potential leaders in the last 20 years (Heseltine and Clarke). Still think Portillo might come back onto the radar.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Boris Johnson in Number 10!! Well it would be different:

"Well, yes, gosh, what does this button do? Nuclear Missile Launch? Ha yes good joke from my chums at The Spectator, well gosh I'll just press it and er .... well I never, um, er, so it was. Well er gosh look someone's going to have to ring up France and tell them we're sorry."

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Before this post, I should point out that You wouldn't catch me voting Tory even if Theresa May was holding a carving knife to my scrotum, but:

Tooting Gull said:
They've managed not to choose the best two potential leaders in the last 20 years (Heseltine and Clarke). Still think Portillo might come back onto the radar.

Not while most current Conservative members (average age 65) are still alive, he won't. They won't think of him as a talented politician who would be very good at presenting some well-thought-out new policies. They'll think of him as someopne who once had sex with another bloke. Stupid, narrow minded, right-wing idiots.

Or "Tories" as some people like to call them.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Before this post, I should point out that You wouldn't catch me voting Tory even if Theresa May was holding a carving knife to my scrotum,

That's quite a mental picture. Chuck in some leopardskin shoes and the imagery is frightening.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
That's quite a mental picture. Chuck in some leopardskin shoes and the imagery is frightening.

I paid good money for something similar in Amsterdam once. But thats another story.....

oo-er missus

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
IDS's speech yesterday was a sign of desperation. I'm sorry but he just hasn't got what it takes to be Prime Minister.

Boris Johnson is a good laugh but hardly leader material either.

Mind you I'd quite like to shag a posh Tory but not Theresa May!

Sneaky George said:
IDS's speech yesterday was a sign of desperation. I'm sorry but he just hasn't got what it takes to be Prime Minister.

Boris Johnson is a good laugh but hardly leader material either.

Mind you I'd quite like to shag a posh Tory but not Theresa May!
But just imagine her naked and on....you would wouldn't you?

I'll get my coat.

Dandyman

In London village.
Surely they could just do a Reading and get Mr Tony ?

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
His column in the Telegraph is usually funny but also serious. He can take having the piss taken out of him but actually speaks a lot of sense. He also seems to admit when he was wrong. I think he would be pro Falmer and would make a good manager.

Oh dear, I seem to be loosing my sense of all proportion mixing up a small job with the managership of BHA:lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A longer posh Tory bird list to consider for Mr C

Edwina
Virginia Bottomley
Widders
Theresa May
Ann Leslie (Sorry. Nasty thought, but she is Daily Mail).
Norma Major
Ffion Hague

Ffion was OK, Christ knows what she was doing with that loser.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Tooting Gull said:
A longer posh Tory bird list to consider for Mr C

Edwina
Virginia Bottomley
Widders
Theresa May
Ann Leslie (Sorry. Nasty thought, but she is Daily Mail).
Norma Major
Ffion Hague

Ffion was OK, Christ knows what she was doing with that loser.

Jesus! It's hardly a list made in heaven is it!

Out of that lot, it'd have to be Bottomley.

Add to that list , Julie Kirkbride?

Ann Leslie! If we 're talking right -wing journalists, what about Sarah Sands of the Telegraph. At least she's good looking and under 100!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here