Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Microsoft are they taking the Pi$$

Drooper

Jul 6, 2003
Uckfield
I quote from today's BBC web site "Software giant Microsoft has warned of seven security flaws in its programs, describing five of them as "critical". ":nono:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3196494.stm

Is there any other company in any market that produces a product, which is so flawed as Microsoft and only stays in the market position they are in by using dubious business tatics ( words choosen carefully) to stay there and kill any possible opposition.

Only in America

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
i'm forever downloading critical updates from the windows update site, but thats Windows & Microsoft for ya! :shootself

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Its because Microsoft are very clever, the market they release their product into is generally that of the geeky computer freek. They release their OS/Software before they are fully tested basicly coz they know that the customers will do the testing for them, its very clever and they get away with it.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
No one here had a re-call on a new car then?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My car doesn't crash every day
The steering wheel on my car doesn't freeze for no reason
When I look at my speedometer it hasn't moved to another location
I don't get a constant reminder from my car to download new petrol
I rarely have to restart my car during a journey
If I do restart my car I press one button rather than thump the dash board and press every button there is

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Hamilton said:
My car doesn't crash every day
The steering wheel on my car doesn't freeze for no reason
When I look at my speedometer it hasn't moved to another location
I don't get a constant reminder from my car to download new petrol
I rarely have to restart my car during a journey
If I do restart my car I press one button rather than thump the dash board and press every button there is

Thats because in the sceme of life, your life is more important than your PC Hamilton, so microsoft get away with it, combined to the fact that they have no 'real' competition in the market place. Its a joke, but they are on borrowed time, The sooner the world migrates to Linux the better it will be !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here