Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T John Belushi

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Can't believe its 28 years since he died.

Had he lived would he have gone on to be one of the biggest box office stars in the world?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Are we alllowed to say that The Blues Brothers was the most overrated film of the 80s and made Highlander II look like a fantastic cinematic achievement?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was never much chance of him living very long though, was there, really.

Way to kill a hypothetical question.

Are we alllowed to say that The Blues Brothers was the most overrated film of the 80s and made Highlander II look like a fantastic cinematic achievement?

No. No you're not. Blues Brothers is an absolute classic.

I thin he would have gone on to have huge success in the rest of the eighties, but would have faded like a lot of 80s comedian have (Eddie Murphy, Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Mike Myers has hot and cold periods, before they died John Candy and Dom Deluise hit a bit of a lull in their careers), maybe he would have gotten into some more serious roles. He probably would have experienced a career renaissance in this decade.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

I'm with Acker, it is one of those films that you probably have to watch twice to really appreciate it, but 30 years on its something that I can still sit down and enjoy now. (Unlike the cack sequel)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Of course you are allowed to.

Just as I am allowed to say you are talking out of your arse! :thumbsup:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Blues Brothers was a great film and one of my favourite "musicals" but I don't think that it's the amazing film that some suggest.

I also agree with Acker about Belushi going onto great things. He was a comedy actor of his time and it's unlikely that he would still be as popular even 10 years ago.

It sounds harsh, but the best way to further your career in Hollywood sometimes is to die young and then you become immortal! Heath Ledger is recent proof of that!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can't believe its 28 years since he died.

Had he lived would he have gone on to be one of the biggest box office stars in the world?

No. Of course he sodding wouldn't have been.

Do you and HB&B agree to post your stream of consciousness on alternate days?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think John Belushi would have had a great career. He was doing "gross out" stuff well before the likes of the American Pie series and would have been perfectly cast as dad of Stiffler.

Similarly, there's great double act potential with the likes of Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey.

I love to ask Alan Partidge his views on this. With reference to his Wings/Beatles analogy he'd probably say. "James Belushi - the actor John Belushi might have been had he lived".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here