Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T: Gyms?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Is anyone on here a member of a gym in Sussex pref Brighton or Worthing. If so which one?

I'm looking to sign up to one for the first time EVER, and am a little daunted by the prospect. But being a fairly young lad I have decided now is good time to get fit, before it's too late.

Any help would be great :)

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
Impulse Leisure is good mate. You can use their gyms in Southwick and Lancing. You also get free access to Waders swimming pool.

Not poncy at all either.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Forget gyms. They stink and are expensive. Check out British Military Fitness (they have a Brighton website). Sessions morning and evening in Preston Park, Hove Park and Hove seafront.

It's great fun and they get you bloody fit. And you don't have to worry about getting motivated because most of them are ex Marines and they make each session interesting. You also have plenty of other suffering alongside you. All abilities too.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Forget gyms. They stink and are expensive. Check out British Military Fitness (they have a Brighton website). Sessions morning and evening in Preston Park, Hove Park and Hove seafront.

It's great fun and they get you bloody fit. And you don't have to worry about getting motivated because most of them are ex Marines and they make each session interesting. You also have plenty of other suffering alongside you. All abilities too.

Soggy biscuit afterwards?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Lack of resistance training in that option though. Any self respecting young man will want to work on his guns :guns:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ask4 in worthing is pretty cheap, use of Leisure Centre Gym, Aquarena, Davisons & Field Place facilities, me and the missus joined as a couple and is about £31 each. Also LOADS of classes like spinning, thai chi etc

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton

Oh that's who they are! I've often seen them about but never really thought about it to be honest.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I would prefer to sign up to a gym.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Don't go to esporta - they trap you forever and are really expensive. service just gets worse too - real penny pinching. Do see the albion players tho

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
i reccommend the one in Queens hotel i think it is on the seafront (if i remember right), its not busy in there you can always get on the machines u want, its got everything including swimming pool and sauna all for something stupid like £18 a month. Unfortunately i havent found a gym i like as much as that 1 in Derby :(
Cheetahs is a great gym too

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think Rip Tide is good, it has squat racks and lots of free weights so you can do some proper lifting and not have to rely on shitty machines, lots of posers though.

I used to go to the DC Leisure one at Prince Regents, you can use the swimming pool and about 5 other gym's across Brighton (including the one at Withdean) but they only have dumbells and are all for GIRLS.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Is anyone on here a member of a gym in Sussex pref Brighton or Worthing. If so which one?

I'm looking to sign up to one for the first time EVER, and am a little daunted by the prospect. But being a fairly young lad I have decided now is good time to get fit, before it's too late.

Any help would be great :)

I am a member at Coral's in hove, would reccomend it :thumbsup:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The one I belong to used to be Esporta, until maybe 3 years ago, then it was bought out by Virgin...who immediately pretty much doubled the size of the cardio/weights area...even on a Saturday morning, usually pretty busy, you don't have to wait for a machine...plus the pool/jacuzzis/steam room/sauna are all excellent. I pay just shy of £40 per month, which gives me unlimited use of all facilities and nearly all the classes that they have on offer, think they only charge for some really obscure version of yoga that they have to get a teacher in for...I reckon that is a bargain, but only if you use the place a lot.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I belong to Fitness First. Seen a fair few Brighton shirts walking around there.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Cheetas is a good gym but you do tend to get you sterio typical 'Gym Junkies' in there.

You can get a few cocks in there but they tend to stick to the free weights so if you want to get fit then you'll be ok!

I also think its only about £200 a year to join which is really good as far as Gym membership goes!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here