Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t dog sh*te

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
i have been summoned to appear at my local council's Environmental Health depot for a 'taped' interview under caution about a dog fouling act that apparently happened back in november. any of you nsc'rs up with the law on these things?

i received a letter about 2/3 weeks after the incident stating that the owner of vehicle (my reg on my van) was seen to be in charge of a dog that fouled in the local park and failed to pick up after it.
i own a plumbing company and take my boxer dog (zamora:thumbsup:) to work with me everyday so take the dog for a walk in the local park sometimes, but i'm always aware about picking up after she has dumped. sometimes the lad that works with me will take the van + dog to get materials, and he will take her to do the business. so this brings us to the fact that i could'nt remember three weeks previous who took the dog that day.
anyway i had a visit from 2 Environmental Health officers a while back telling me to pay £75 or go to court and face a large fine and criminal record. i disputed that i didn't know if it was me or my work mate that was in charge of the dog that day, they said it didn't matter as i was the owner of the vehicle, is this right?
i then asked them what evidence they had, one of the guy's said they were 10-15 meters away from the incident at the time, saw the dog crap then me get into my van and drive off. surely they are supposed to confront the offender at the time of the offence and issue an ' on the spot fine'?.
anyway i'm positive i never commited an offence but seem to think it will just come down to his word against mine and i'm guessing who's gonna win that one!!
doe's anyone know the law on this before i visit the feaces polices on friday?:thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
i have been summoned to appear at my local council's Environmental Health depot for a 'taped' interview under caution about a dog fouling act that apparently happened back in november. any of you nsc'rs up with the law on these things?

i received a letter about 2/3 weeks after the incident stating that the owner of vehicle (my reg on my van) was seen to be in charge of a dog that fouled in the local park and failed to pick up after it.
i own a plumbing company and take my boxer dog (zamora:thumbsup:) to work with me everyday so take the dog for a walk in the local park sometimes, but i'm always aware about picking up after she has dumped. sometimes the lad that works with me will take the van + dog to get materials, and he will take her to do the business. so this brings us to the fact that i could'nt remember three weeks previous who took the dog that day.
anyway i had a visit from 2 Environmental Health officers a while back telling me to pay £75 or go to court and face a large fine and criminal record. i disputed that i didn't know if it was me or my work mate that was in charge of the dog that day, they said it didn't matter as i was the owner of the vehicle, is this right?
i then asked them what evidence they had, one of the guy's said they were 10-15 meters away from the incident at the time, saw the dog crap then me get into my van and drive off. surely they are supposed to confront the offender at the time of the offence and issue an ' on the spot fine'?.
anyway i'm positive i never commited an offence but seem to think it will just come down to his word against mine and i'm guessing who's gonna win that one!!
doe's anyone know the law on this before i visit the feaces polices on friday?:thumbsup:

What colour was it ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dog, dog shit, bloke who supposedly saw me ?

Supposing your apprentice was with you and says that these two 'inspectors' are lying ?

What a job, a dog shit detective, wonder what their favourite chat up line is ?

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Supposing your apprentice was with you and says that these two 'inspectors' are lying ?

What a job, a dog shit detective, wonder what their favourite chat up line is ?

wonder where their favourite 'pick up' joint is?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Two choices.

1. Accept fine, less risk than option 2.

2. Deny the offence, and be prepared to contest it in court. If I were you, and innocent, I would take option 2.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It seems to be an guilty until you prove innocent thing. Near to where I live a person videoed (from their flat) a dog walker who failed to pick up the dogs doings and was fined based on this video. I believe he had actually gone back later to pick it up as well.

Cats however are allowed to crap anywhere they please

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I thought these dog patrol wardens carried camera's?

Unless you can prove you wasn't there at the time of the crapping offence i would pay the fine.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
It'll be down to the local byelaws which will usually differ from town to town....and can sometimes differ from park to park !!!

All i know is that in Brighton, "failing to see where the dog has defacated" and "failing to have anything to pick the faeces up" is NOT a valid excuse.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Any one who lets their dog shit in public should have the dog put down and recieve 50 lashes.

Disgusting

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
It's a shame you dont live in Gillingham. From what I remember of the dog shit strewn walk from the station to the ground there can't be any laws in place for cleaning the mess up.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If you didn't do it, i feel sorry for you, but i'm quite glad they're actually doing something. I live near a couple of schools and a park and the amount of dog shit on the pavement is disgusting, and shows quite how many selfish pricks live in this city

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Any one who lets their dog shit in public should have the dog put down and recieve 50 lashes.

Disgusting

Anyone who drops litter or leaves it on public transport should be put down.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Anyone who drops litter or leaves it on public transport should be put down.

Ah but what is litter? The Metro's adverts keep saying that leaving my paper on a train is littering rather than leaving it to be read by the next person as i've always thought it was

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If you didn't do it, i feel sorry for you, but i'm quite glad they're actually doing something. I live near a couple of schools and a park and the amount of dog shit on the pavement is disgusting, and shows quite how many selfish pricks live in this city

Sadly true, there is something to be said for licensing animals but whilst responsible owners would be okay with this the ones who leave their Dog/Cat/Horse/You name it faeces lying around wouldn't bother.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ah but what is litter? The Metro's adverts keep saying that leaving my paper on a train is littering rather than leaving it to be read by the next person as i've always thought it was

Not if it's screwed up on the floor it isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here