Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Chris Samba joins Anzhi for £12million.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Samba seals Anzhi switch | Blackburn Rovers News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Personally, I think I wouldn't have moved to a country rife with racism. The Russian football fans treated Roberto Carlos, a true legend of the game (and not all that black, if we're being honest) with contempt and monkey chants, plus the odd banana here and there. What on earth are they going to think of Chris Samba? Or does he think he can scare the racism out of them? I understand the desperation to leave Blackburn, and the fact that only Russians are stupid and rich enough to pay £12million for an average centre back, but still.

Chris-Samba_2723701.jpg

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
He will be on £200k+ a week. I think i could put up with the taunts for 2 years before coming back to England.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Quality player IMO. Not an 'average centre back' as you put it. Think Arsenal missed a trick picking him up in the summer. As R&B says - could probably take the abuse for the sort pf cash he'll be on.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would never argue with you, mr Clay, but I've always thought him quite overrated. Clearly very big and strong and you're not going to pass him easily or often, but I'm more a fan of the more technical centre backs.

Saying that, I quite like Laurent Koscielny so my opinions about centre backs isn't brilliant in general.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I said the same when Samuel Eto'o went out there. Not heard how he's got on.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Superb player, brings so much to the team. Will be wasted in Russia, Arsenal should have bought him.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Great move money wise for him and his agent.

I just think it's a terrible waste of a decent footballer who is in his prime.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wonder with clubs looking to reign in costs and players demanding more and more stupid wages that Russia becomes the next area these players want to head for.

I can see the premiership losing out on the best players, especially as Spanish clubs also are showing no signs of paying rediculous money. A la van Persia and real madrid

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
There are loads of black players in Russia, he'll hardly be a pioneer.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Most predictable piece of news of the year.

f***ing backwards f***ing horrible shithole of a country.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think Arsenal missed a trick picking him up in the summer.

They probably missed more of a trick by NOT picking him up - heavy as he may be.

/pedantictwat

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Honestly how many instances of racism in these countries does it take for FIFA to do something about it?! Oh yeah they have - here have the World Cup. Clowns one and all.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Honestly how many instances of racism in these countries does it take for FIFA to do something about it?! Oh yeah they have - here have the World Cup. Clowns one and all.

This. Absolute disgrace.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
There will be delight for the strikers in this country at the news that they will not have to face Samba,his physical power and skill in defence plus a dangerous man to have around the box in setplays.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Disgraceful that this still goes in this day and age, but don't really expect any more from Russian football fans.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
There will be delight for the strikers in this country at the news that they will not have to face Samba,his physical power and skill in defence plus a dangerous man to have around the box in setplays.
Still delighted after a month? Easy lot to please these Premiership strikers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here