Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Car Insurance

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Totally off topic here and as usual turning to NSC for help and advice.

Having returned from sunnier climes a couple of days ago I went out yesterday and bought myself a new set of wheels, all the better for getting to Albion games.

I am now looking to insure the wee beauty, I have tried one of those search engines to come up with some quotes and was surprised at how much some companies were demanding. Can anyone suggest either a decent site to trawl for quotes on my behalf or an insurance company that doesn't charge the earth.

To give you an idea, the car I need to insure is a 2 year old Golf GT TDi, I am 39 with a clean driving record and over 10 years without making a claim, I live in an area with low car related crime, why are the quotes so expensive.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
AA are very good, I also find Norwich Union pretty damn good as well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Try Paul Scully, Peacehaven, I've been with him for years.
01273-587479. I only pay £96/year fully comp. I'm probably a lot older than you though.

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
Try confused.com on the net. Put in your details and they do the searching for you and come up with a list and price . managed to cut my Golf insurance by about 90 pounds.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I use esure and they had a deal going where they guaranteed to beat your lowest quote, not sure if they still do it but worth checking out.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Thanks folks, that gives me something to work with (someone had mentioned confused.com and I couldn't remember the name, so many thanks gts bb).

Think I will give the AA a try and the RAC too as I hear they can be pretty competitive.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Tried confused.com, the best quote I got was with Norwich Union who were ironically the insurers of my last car, the new one has the same insurance group but this time I got covered for almost 100 quid less, bargain.

Thanks folks.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Gully said:
I am 39 with a clean driving record
dougdeep said:
I'm probably a lot older than you though.
Maths not your strong point doug? :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Re: O/T - Car Insurance

Everest said:
Maths not your strong point doug? :lolol:

How old am I again.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west