Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Breast Cancer

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sorry to hear that Yoda and thanks Lush.

Thanks for the replies. A friend has been diagnosed at the age of 29 and she is just coming to terms with it. She has started a blog and I thought it might be good to hear from former/fellow sufferers of this wretched disease.

fiona-thinkpink if you are interested.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mrs P has, and has now been clear for just over 5 years. I'll ask her if she will.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Lost my Mum to breast cancer 22 years ago. She was 45.

Best wishes to your friend - a lot has changed in terms of treatment in the last 22 years.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My wife came home from Worthing Hospital yesterday after her op for breast cancer,including removal of lymph nodes under arm.
Have to go back for results of tests next week and then we will have a better idea of treatment that is required;but we do know she will have to have radiotherapy and take hormone pills for 5 years.
The lump was discovered during a routine mammogram check done every 3 years for women over 50.Just make sure that any friends or relatives go to have these done when offered,it could save their life!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
.Just make sure that any friends or relatives go to have these done when offered,it could save their life!

Abso-bloody-lutely THIS

Mrs P found a lump checking herself. The oncologist later said if it had been left unchecked another month or two it would most likely have been fatal.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
My wife came home from Worthing Hospital yesterday after her op for breast cancer,including removal of lymph nodes under arm.
Have to go back for results of tests next week and then we will have a better idea of treatment that is required;but we do know she will have to have radiotherapy and take hormone pills for 5 years.
The lump was discovered during a routine mammogram check done every 3 years for women over 50.Just make sure that any friends or relatives go to have these done when offered,it could save their life!

totally agree but remember lots of ladies get BC before 50 - my wife got it at 43 , felt lump and then went straight to GP and later hospital for confirmation. BC treatment has come on massively in the last few years but give yourself max chance to treat and get seen early!!!. My wife is out the other side and hopefully it wont come back.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Sorry to hear that Yoda and thanks Lush.

Thanks for the replies. A friend has been diagnosed at the age of 29 and she is just coming to terms with it. She has started a blog and I thought it might be good to hear from former/fellow sufferers of this wretched disease.

fiona-thinkpink if you are interested.

My Mum was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago. She has had as close to the all clear as you can get. I'll pass the link onto her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here