Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Barca-biased CL Final venue in Brighton

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Missed out in the Wembley ballot so need to find a decent place to watch the CL final in Brighton. Anyone got any thoughts about the most atmospheric place to watch the finest club side in history give the Mancs the spanking they deserve? I'm hoping for lots of renditions of the Barca anthem, and plenty of interesting, Mediterranean-style hand gestures at the telly every time they cut away to Fergie. All suggestions gratefully received.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
There's a spanish bar in Preston St that looked pretty packed for the last El Classico game that maybe worth a look.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Well finding a Barca biased boozer will be pretty easy for this game...every single one of them i bet!

You might get a bunch of plastic mancs in their JJB sport purchased replica shirts, that they have never worn to a Man U game (for two reasons 1. there too scared of going and being beaten for being plastic. 2. they only support them for their success but say its because their uncle's best friend once got of a train in Manchester.) cheering on their beloved team, ignorant to the fact that Fergie and his degenerate squad of halfwits is the soul route of all things evil in this country's game. The same type of people might cheer them on, but under questioning will resort to blind ignorance about United failings. They will fist pump and shout thro' 90mins of TV football believing that is what support is about, lapping up the fact that they are in their local in a shirt believing that people are envious of this, shouting 'Gow'an rooonay' in their thick mockney accent. I hope they get stuffed.

Drink anywhere in this town, enjoy yourself, happy in the knowledge that you are better than these lost souls of football.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well finding a Barca biased boozer will be pretty easy for this game...every single one of them i bet!

You might get a bunch of plastic mancs in their JJB sport purchased replica shirts, that they have never worn to a Man U game (for two reasons 1. there too scared of going and being beaten for being plastic. 2. they only support them for their success but say its because their uncle's best friend once got of a train in Manchester.) cheering on their beloved team, ignorant to the fact that Fergie and his degenerate squad of halfwits is the soul route of all things evil in this country's game. The same type of people might cheer them on, but under questioning will resort to blind ignorance about United failings. They will fist pump and shout thro' 90mins of TV football believing that is what support is about, lapping up the fact that they are in their local in a shirt believing that people are envious of this, shouting 'Gow'an rooonay' in their thick mockney accent. I hope they get stuffed.

Drink anywhere in this town, enjoy yourself, happy in the knowledge that you are better than these lost souls of football.

:bowdown: one of nsc's finest ever posts.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The irony is, a lot of 'real' ManUtd fans would probably agree with you - hence one of the best atmosphere's at the Withdean this season was the visit of FCUM - basically ManUtd fans wanting to be proper fans again.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I don' care about other people's motives or non-motives for supporting Manure.

I was happy when they beat the krauts in the last minutes a decade ago, and I hope they beat the 'manure of Spain' tomorrow.
MUFC are the apex of the British game and proved it again, Barca might be the apex of the Spanish game too, but they spend big on continentals. No Brits play for barcalone either do they? Manure please to win.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Thanks for the suggestions & Sergei's inspirational contribution in particular.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

I was happy when they beat the krauts in the last minutes a decade ago, and I hope they beat the 'manure of Spain' tomorrow.
MUFC are the apex of the British game and proved it again, Barca might be the apex of the Spanish game too, but they spend big on continentals. No Brits play for barcalone either do they? Manure please to win.

what?

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I hope Man United win RATHER than a LOAD of cheating SPANISH twats

This. Sergio busquets is the most horrid man on the planet IMHO

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just trying to remember who has smashed the British transfer record more times than anyone else in the past 50 years.... hmmmm do they hail from OT?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003

Would you be saying the same thing if Palace were playing Barca in the final?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here