Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nxt seasons final table. What will it look like?

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
If everyone on NSC picked their teams to finish in the top three for next season, i would be very surprised if anyone got all three correct come the end of next season

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
This year's parachute payments :

West Ham( 16m year 1, 16m yr 2, 8m yr 3, 8m yr 4)
Birmingham( 16m, 16m, 8m, 8m)
Blackpool( 16m, 16m, 8m, 8m)
Burnley( 16m, 8m, 8m)
Hull City( 16m, 8m, 8m)
Portsmouth( 16m, 8m, 8m)
Middlesbrough( 8m)

So Middlesbrough, Hull and Burnley will be 8 million worse off next season, and slashing playing budgets I imagine.

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I fear that it will come back to haunt us that Gus shouldn't have tinkered as much as did when we were FOURTH with SEVEN games to go this season.

But we will see.

'Bollocks' (as in an expression of sadness and no criticism of your post)

I fear you are absolutely correct. To my simple mind it was fairly apparent that it would be easier to go up this season than it ever will be next given the three coming down with parachute' payments plus the likelihood of seriously large clubs coming back up again from League 1, ie Charlton and potentially both the Sheffield Clubs, both of which are massive.

Sadly, if TB is not prepared to bankroll the team next season, it will prove to be a season less satisfactory than this from the fans' point of view but I hope seriously that I may be proved wrong

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
this.

i really dont know why OP thinks Blackburn or Wolves will do anything, they've thrown away their premiership status and i can only imagine one or both are looking to get enough points to go bust and clear debts. Leicester? even their fans would chuckle at that position, they are consistantly inconsistant, only get back to back wins twice. QPR/Bolton, Charlton and the current top 6 who dont go up are the challengers.

Wolves were the only Premier League club last season (2010/11) to not have a penny of debt against their name. I tend to think they will be a threat, because they have no money worries whatsoever.

Their downfall this season has been big names failing to play. For Wolves first 2 seasons in the Premier League, McCarthy's budget was very small and he did well with finds from non-league, players from the youth team, players from Ireland - his only big spend was Ebanks-Blake (£2m).

This season Wolves have been the 8th biggest spenders in the Premier League. Wolves have been failed by their own buying policy - their expensive players have not performed. If they can find the right manager, they will do well - as (from what I have been told) they will be bringing a huge budget with them when they come down.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Wolves
Birmingham
Blackpool
QPR
Brighton
Leicester

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well if we are not in at least the play offs the booing will get a lot worse than at present.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wolves were the only Premier League club last season (2010/11) to not have a penny of debt against their name. I tend to think they will be a threat, because they have no money worries whatsoever.

Their downfall this season has been big names failing to play. For Wolves first 2 seasons in the Premier League, McCarthy's budget was very small and he did well with finds from non-league, players from the youth team, players from Ireland - his only big spend was Ebanks-Blake (£2m).

This season Wolves have been the 8th biggest spenders in the Premier League. Wolves have been failed by their own buying policy - their expensive players have not performed. If they can find the right manager, they will do well - as (from what I have been told) they will be bringing a huge budget with them when they come down.
Another thing to note about Wolves is that there won't be a huge clamour for any of their players. Because they're rubbish, at Premier League level. There's no sort of Yakubu or Hoillet who people would want if they went down. Steven Fletcher maybe, apart from that it's a bit of a stretch. Their best players are like Jarvis and Kightley who aren't really going to be getting pulses racing for established clubs, maybe a promoted club would try for Jarvis?

Anyway, this could be good or bad, because although they have a terrible Premier League squad, they are good Championship players and mostly try hard type players. Morale will be low but a new manager could turn that around.

We should try and sign Dorus De Vries from them anyway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We were never going to win the playoffs anyway (record against top clubs, we CANNOT beat them), so this is a moot point regardless of what happens next season.

And thats a FACT then is it? A fact that in the play offs we WOULDNT beat them. Right got you.

Can I have a FACT for next season then please.

Ta x

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And thats a FACT then is it? A fact that in the play offs we WOULDNT beat them. Right got you.

Can I have a FACT for next season then please.

Ta x

Where did I say the word FACT once? It's my OPINION, like your comment is YOUR opinion.

Welcome to a messageboard.

'Sake.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

No debt on premier league money, I know they will get parachute payments, but ticket prices will have to drop, sponsorship will drop, TV revenue will drop and with so many premier league clubs on their doorstep there is bound to be a leakage of supporters (less away support as much as home). They may not cope so easily financially in the championship.

As as stated if they can't move any players on, they will likely be paying premier league wages still.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Where does this myth that the Sheffield clubs will eb good come from? They're doing well in a weak league which has got Stevenage in with a shout of the playoffs FFS. Don't think either of them will have the momentum we or Southampton had.

Charlton are interesting but again I think they're a good rather than brilliant side.

Wolves, I think, will struggle a bit as this season has been pretty traumatic for them. Blackburn are a bit unknown because of the Venky's factor. I think Bolton would dominate this league and possibly Wigan would too - although I could just as easily see them going into freefall.

Are villa safe? They look dreadful at the moment.

I think a few teams have underachieved - Forest, Leicester, Leeds - and I think we've had a few lucky wins but if we get the right players in a lose the weaker ones then a stronger Brighton side should finish higher up the table in my view. Don't be fooled by stats about having the lowest number of attempts either - it has been frustrating this season but at the same time banging shots miles over the bar from 40 yards is equally pointless.

I wonder what fans from the late 70s thought after the Spurs/Soton stitch up. was there a general wariness that we surely couldn;'t do that well again or was everyone confident that promotion was assured the next year (given a big fish, Spurs, were out of the way)?

I, for one, was convinced we would go up the next season. We had such a good side, manager and, of course, chairman, it seemed inevitable. All the players went into the directors box after the Blackpool game and thousands of fans were on the pitch cheering. I'm pretty sure Nobby had a mike and told us all we were going up next season and we believed it.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Top 6: Brighton, Forrest, Cardiff, Blackpool, Blackburn & Leicester

Bottom 3: Palace, Peterborough & Watford

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
'Bollocks' (as in an expression of sadness and no criticism of your post)

I fear you are absolutely correct. To my simple mind it was fairly apparent that it would be easier to go up this season than it ever will be next given the three coming down with parachute' payments plus the likelihood of seriously large clubs coming back up again from League 1, ie Charlton and potentially both the Sheffield Clubs, both of which are massive.

Sadly, if TB is not prepared to bankroll the team next season, it will prove to be a season less satisfactory than this from the fans' point of view but I hope seriously that I may be proved wrong

For what it`s worth without signing a couple of goal scoring forwards you are probably right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here