Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nxt seasons final table. What will it look like?

Albion Rob

Where does this myth that the Sheffield clubs will eb good come from? They're doing well in a weak league which has got Stevenage in with a shout of the playoffs FFS. Don't think either of them will have the momentum we or Southampton had.

Charlton are interesting but again I think they're a good rather than brilliant side.

Wolves, I think, will struggle a bit as this season has been pretty traumatic for them. Blackburn are a bit unknown because of the Venky's factor. I think Bolton would dominate this league and possibly Wigan would too - although I could just as easily see them going into freefall.

Are villa safe? They look dreadful at the moment.

I think a few teams have underachieved - Forest, Leicester, Leeds - and I think we've had a few lucky wins but if we get the right players in a lose the weaker ones then a stronger Brighton side should finish higher up the table in my view. Don't be fooled by stats about having the lowest number of attempts either - it has been frustrating this season but at the same time banging shots miles over the bar from 40 yards is equally pointless.

I wonder what fans from the late 70s thought after the Spurs/Soton stitch up. was there a general wariness that we surely couldn;'t do that well again or was everyone confident that promotion was assured the next year (given a big fish, Spurs, were out of the way)?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Where does this myth that the Sheffield clubs will eb good come from? They're doing well in a weak league which has got Stevenage in with a shout of the playoffs FFS. Don't think either of them will have the momentum we or Southampton had.

Charlton are interesting but again I think they're a good rather than brilliant side.

Wolves, I think, will struggle a bit as this season has been pretty traumatic for them. Blackburn are a bit unknown because of the Venky's factor. I think Bolton would dominate this league and possibly Wigan would too - although I could just as easily see them going into freefall.

Are villa safe? They look dreadful at the moment.

I think a few teams have underachieved - Forest, Leicester, Leeds - and I think we've had a few lucky wins but if we get the right players in a lose the weaker ones then a stronger Brighton side should finish higher up the table in my view. Don't be fooled by stats about having the lowest number of attempts either - it has been frustrating this season but at the same time banging shots miles over the bar from 40 yards is equally pointless.

I wonder what fans from the late 70s thought after the Spurs/Soton stitch up. was there a general wariness that we surely couldn;'t do that well again or was everyone confident that promotion was assured the next year (given a big fish, Spurs, were out of the way)?

We were in that crap league last season, didn't do us no harm. Sheffield United have a very good squad already, with a few additions they could be a force. Norwich did back to back promotions, see no reason why Sheffield united wont be there or there abouts

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think we will get promoted next season. Will place a large amount of money on it too.
Good luck with that then .Im having a few quid on us getting in the play offs ! Dont laugh , im being serious:thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think we will get promoted next season. Will place a large amount of money on it too.

Good luck with that then .Im having a few quid on us getting in the play offs ! Dont laugh , im being serious:thumbsup:

not putting money on us doing anything next season until I see the closed season comings and goings

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Vicente is worth an extra 10-15 pts a season and we draw against Birmingham and lose to Barnsley.

65 + 12 = 77 and a play-off spot rather than automatic promotions, unless we get some more players in. A new keeper might give us an extra 5 points = 82.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Nobody has a crystal ball....do any of you know who is coming in or going out....? Although I've heard a very strong rumour about a player going out and another coming in...it has'nt been confirmed so as far as I'm concerned it is a rumour till it happens,all I do know is that the seaon will be another roller coaster and soon we will achieve our promotion....but when....well perm any number from five.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Brighton relegated-Gus gone,the dream over,anything else a bonus

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Vicente is worth an extra 10-15 pts a season and we draw against Birmingham and lose to Barnsley.

65 + 12 = 77 and a play-off spot rather than automatic promotions, unless we get some more players in. A new keeper might give us an extra 5 points = 82.

I find this statement has come back to haunt Gus. If Vicente would have been worth an extra 10 points to us this season had he been fit. Does that mean we would have only taken 7 points and not 11 from our last 11 games this season?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I fear that it will come back to haunt us that Gus shouldn't have tinkered as much as did when we were FOURTH with SEVEN games to go this season.

But we will see.

We were never going to win the playoffs anyway (record against top clubs, we CANNOT beat them), so this is a moot point regardless of what happens next season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
1. Brighton 46 +47 102
2-23. Whatever
24. Crystal Palace 46 -81 7

this.

i really dont know why OP thinks Blackburn or Wolves will do anything, they've thrown away their premiership status and i can only imagine one or both are looking to get enough points to go bust and clear debts. Leicester? even their fans would chuckle at that position, they are consistantly inconsistant, only get back to back wins twice. QPR/Bolton, Charlton and the current top 6 who dont go up are the challengers.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here