Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NUS Night - Walsall

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Right you dirty lazy students!

NUS tickets for the Walsall home game on Tuesday 6th November are £5 so no excuse!

Although you will have to buy them in person from the ticket office.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Although you will have to buy them in person from the ticket office.

That amount of effort involved should manage to dissuade most of them.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
imagine this is more aimed at students who are at sussex/brighton uni and who havent seen the albion in an attempt to get them along

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Right, I'm going to complain, because I'm a sad no-mark with nothing better to do. I have a season ticket, which I'm paying almost £20 a game for, but I could get one to this game for a fiver? DISGRACEFUL.

hear hear!

i might ask for a REFUND on my season ticket of £15 for this one:rant:. especially as its walsall. i HATE walsall

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I like the way Tommy Mooney's head shines in the light.

i dont think ive liked them as there fans were the only ones who got to see jorge leitaos silky skills week in, week out. lucky, greedy bastards

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I seem to remember them singing 'Albion' and 'Sack the Board' at their last game (Our second to last, due to the York City game) of the season, as they spilled onto the pitch and being generally supportive of us.

Jorge Leitao? Try Roger Boli :cool:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I seem to remember them singing 'Albion' and 'Sack the Board' at their last game (Our second to last, due to the York City game) of the season, as they spilled onto the pitch and being generally supportive of us.

Jorge Leitao? Try Roger Boli :cool:

that is correct - the midlands finest constabulary seemed completely bemused as to what was going on, especially as they were all geared up for a riot

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think this is a good idea.

I have read loads on NSC about us not doing any proper marketing.

My other half is a Wolves fan - before she came to Uni she didn't even like football. The reason that she started going was because of a 'NUS for a fiver' deal for a Wolves match. Now she is a regular at Molineux and spends loads in the club shop.

If we get one or two extra fans like this out of this deal surely it is worth it?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think this is a good idea.

I have read loads on NSC about us not doing any proper marketing.

they will ACTUALLY have to market it AT the universities though - ie posters, flyers to students there. a small ad in the argus or an advert on scr won't do much good at all, as 90% of students who arent from the area won't access these products

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
they will ACTUALLY have to market it AT the universities though - ie posters, flyers to students there. a small ad in the argus or an advert on scr won't do much good at all, as 90% of students who arent from the area won't access these products

Very true - the two times I have seen Wolves do the deals for students here, they have come into freshers' fayres to do it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Will university cards be accepted? Our Student Union doesnt agree with NUS - so we dont have NUS cards!!!

i imagine a student card would be fine - they would be a bit silly to turn people away just because they arent in the union

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No doubt the club will put up one poster at one of the Uni's and think that'll be enough!

Still, bloody good idea, i'll be taking up the offer

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Annoyingly I cannot go as I am on a course however Mrs Hut will take the kids instead.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Will university cards be accepted? Our Student Union doesnt agree with NUS - so we dont have NUS cards!!!

I don't think I've got a proper NUS either. I refuse to pay for a card that will give me discounts.

Besides. I don't think I've ever had to show my card when buying a student ticket anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here