Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Number 9 Shirt!

Would you like to see Will Buckley given a go up front on Saturday?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
I have thought about this long and hard and i FIRMLY believe that our answer to the following requirements of:

- A goalscorer
- Someone 6ft +
- Can 'play football'
- Doesn't cost a lot

Is....

...Will Buckley!

Get him upfront alngside Mackail-Smith and there is goals goals goals there!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No no no. He is not a striker. Lets not waste another of our assets playing in positions they shouldn't be in.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
except he's a winger

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He hasn't got the build for it - one game up front and he'd be battered black and blue and on a sick note for the rest of the season! No!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Said this a while back. I think Buckley has all the physical attributes. He's pacey, strong, composed in front of goal, can go past people. Not sure if he's much good in the air, but then playing on the wing we've not had much cause to see that aspect of his game, but if he could add that string to his bow and learn to receive the ball with his back to goal, I think he could DO A JOB.

Its not like we're short of wide men who could provide the service to him and Macca.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He hasn't got the build for it - one game up front and he'd be battered black and blue and on a sick note for the rest of the season! No!

Rubbish. If you were talking about Noone I'd fully agree, but Buckley is one of the most physically imposing wingers I've seen.

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
People do play two positions, don't you know. Buckley played CF at Watford IIRC, and i've been crying out for him to play upfront for months.

I agree. His cool under pressure and can shoot as we have seen. Then we can have LuaLua/Noone/Barnes on the wings with Bridcutt Vicente And Crofts in the middle.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
People do play two positions, don't you know. Buckley played CF at Watford IIRC, and i've been crying out for him to play upfront for months.

do you want a tissue?

tissue.png

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I'm quite aware they do, ta. He isn't a CF. he'd be absolutely dominated physically by CBs. See Vicente for the same argument. It's a waste of the best winger we have.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
How about letting Barnes actually play up front with CMS and play KLL and Buckley.

Lets have a proper go at Barnsley.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
No no no. He is not a striker. Lets not waste another of our assets playing in positions they shouldn't be in.
QUOTE=except he's a winger

He may have been bought as a winger , but look at Spider Mellor he did fantastically with Wardy.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm quite aware they do, ta. He isn't a CF. he'd be absolutely dominated physically by CBs. See Vicente for the same argument. It's a waste of the best winger we have.

They are very different players though, both in how they play, and their physical stature.

I think Buckley would make a decent foil up front for CMS, but certainly wouldn't want him up there on his own.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
They are very different players though, both in how they play, and their physical stature.

I think Buckley would make a decent foil up front for CMS, but certainly wouldn't want him up there on his own.

Indeed they are. I was possibly being a bit facetious with that one. I do think it's a similar waste of assets with him though. Buckley is one of the best wingers in the league, let's not mess around with that. I'd much rather see Agdestein given a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here