Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NT f***ing L!!!!!

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
:angry:

*begins rant*

Last Friday NTL was meant to install an additional digi box into my bedroom, they said they would be there between 1pm and 6pm, guess what, they never showed up.
Well we phoned up and complained and they will be putting in the box tomorrow.

Today, they was meant to be coming over to install a new wire thingy to strenghten the signal on the tv as as we have a poor signal where we live. They said they will be here between 1pm and 6pm, guess what, THEY NEVER CAME!

Today we have also been having phone problems, we cannot recieve or make any phone calls because either we have a fault on the line or someone has phoned us and not put the phone down properly.
I'm the only one in the house with a mobile in the house but only have £1.52 credit so use that to phone them up on an 0854 number, gets through and within a couple of minutes my credit was eaten entirely. No way of phoning NTL, apart from the phone box (instead that is broken)
Now we have gone to there website, follow there instructions (unplug phone, is socket in the correct socket etc) none of them work. So we decide to EMAIL NTL, we follow the NTL email link and guess what it says. PHONE THEM! NO EMAIL ADDRESS AT ALL!
HOW THE f*** ARE WE MEANT TO f***ing CONTACT YOU FOR A PHONE FAULT IF OUR f***ing PHONE IS FAULTY AND WE CANNOT MAKE OUTGOING CALLS BECAUSE OF IT!!!!!!

FFS!!!

*ends rant and breathes*

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
pop next door and ask to use their phone ???

It the same problem if you want to call BT to report a fault - if its your own phone thats faulty, you have to find another phone to call them ... is that really so difficult?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
NTL charge you to report a fault? no they dont

and BT arent much better

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Agreed, NTL are awful and cock most things up.

On the plus side, this means they have succesfully managed to cock up our billing so that we get our broadband and telly package for £16.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
ntl best ever,no probs ever and soooooooooooo cheap,get the whole package except movies, broadband,and phone for 30 quid,they are superb imo

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My lady has been trying to close her NTL account for the past 5 months. Phone line is still operational and she is still getting charged for it even though she has instructed then to close the account about 5 times.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Cereal Killer said:
:angry:

*begins rant*

Last Friday NTL was meant to install an additional digi box into my bedroom, they said they would be there between 1pm and 6pm, guess what, they never showed up.
Well we phoned up and complained and they will be putting in the box tomorrow.

Today, they was meant to be coming over to install a new wire thingy to strenghten the signal on the tv as as we have a poor signal where we live. They said they will be here between 1pm and 6pm, guess what, THEY NEVER CAME!

Today we have also been having phone problems, we cannot recieve or make any phone calls because either we have a fault on the line or someone has phoned us and not put the phone down properly.
I'm the only one in the house with a mobile in the house but only have £1.52 credit so use that to phone them up on an 0854 number, gets through and within a couple of minutes my credit was eaten entirely. No way of phoning NTL, apart from the phone box (instead that is broken)
Now we have gone to there website, follow there instructions (unplug phone, is socket in the correct socket etc) none of them work. So we decide to EMAIL NTL, we follow the NTL email link and guess what it says. PHONE THEM! NO EMAIL ADDRESS AT ALL!
HOW THE f*** ARE WE MEANT TO f***ing CONTACT YOU FOR A PHONE FAULT IF OUR f***ing PHONE IS FAULTY AND WE CANNOT MAKE OUTGOING CALLS BECAUSE OF IT!!!!!!

FFS!!!

*ends rant and breathes*

To be fair though you get that problem with any company that sends engineers be it phone, gas, appliance repairs or whatever. Also, is this not an issue that you would have with any phone company if your phone was busted and you needed to contact them? It's not unique to NTL

I was with NTL for 6 years and never had a problem. Their customer service could be a bit slow answering the phone but you get that with all companies during busy times. NTL are very good for their products and prices. When I used them their broadband helpdesk was excellent.

I'm currently forced to use BT through a lack of cable provider and they are shite. They are overpriced for a product that is no better than anyone else's and when you phone them you only have a 50-50 chance of getting through to someone you understand.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
NTL is shit. Ive had it for a couple of years now. The Digital info service on mine dosent work and the whole thing is just slow. Would be better of with sky or telewest.:angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Statto said:
NTL is shit. Ive had it for a couple of years now. The Digital info service on mine dosent work and the whole thing is just slow. Would be better of with sky or telewest.:angry: :angry:

Have you phoned them to come and fix it?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Rangdo said:
Have you phoned them to come and fix it?

Well it aint technically mine, thats up to my parents, but ill have a word wiv them.

I do pay for some of the subscription fee though.:lol:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Statto said:
Well it aint technically mine, thats up to my parents, but ill have a word wiv them.

do you ever go away
do you ever go away

aaaaaggggghhhhhh

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yeah right

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Statto said:

:lolol:
So your cable TV is faulty and you moan on here that NTL is shit even though you haven't contacted them to come and sort it out? :shootself :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here