Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~* NSC's FREE 'bet on the Albion to win some stuff like £100' competition *~*

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've add the vBookie plugin onto NSC which allows us to run a betting competition this season. It will work as follows.

1. Each NSCer as at 21:00 on Thursday 4th August 2011 has been awarded 1000 vCash. This cash is purely virtual and has no real monetary equivalent.

1 a) There is no entry fee to participate in the game. Entry is FREE to all players.

2. Betting markets will be offered on each Albion first team match in the 2011-12 season. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes all league, Carling Cup, FA Cup and playoff fixtures.

2 a) Each match played will include a win/lose/draw market. One other market, per fixture, will also be offered.

3. There is no obligation to bet on any individual market. Each player can pick and choose his or her bets as they wish.

3 a) Any placed bet is considered to be final. A player is not permitted to increase, reduce or cancel their bet once placed.

4. Each market will close 1 hour before the scheduled kick-off of the match in question. For example, no further bets for a Saturday 3pm kickoff will be accepted after 2pm that day. Markets will close automatically based on the time on the NSC server. If a player misses the cutoff, there will be no option to place a late bet under any circumstances.

5. If a match is cancelled, all associated markets will be voided and all wagers placed will be returned to players. New markets will be created when the fixture is re-scheduled.

6. Each market will be settled as soon as is possible after the end of the associated match. All efforts will be made to settle markets before the next match is played.

7. If a player's vCash balance is reduced to 0, their participation in the game will conclude. Under no circumstances will further vCash balances be awarded to any player. As such, players should consider that this game will cover at least 48 matches.

8. The game will end when the Albion's first team play their final game of the 2011-12 season (league, playoff or Cup as is applicable at the time) and associated markets are settled.

9. Players should recognise that this is largely being done for fun, but every effort will be made to be fair to all players at all time. My decision is final.

10. Finishing places will be determined by the highest vCash balances when the game ends. Prizes will be award to those who finish with the 4 highest balances at this time.

The prizes will be:

1st - £100
2nd - £50
3rd - £30
4th - £20

Each winner can elect to receive their prize either in the form of an Amazon gift voucher or a Brighton & Hove Albion gift voucher. Hopefully the latter can be applied to a season ticket/smart card if desired.

10 a) To qualify for a prize, a player must have placed a bet in at least 25 markets throughout the course of the season.

Last edited:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Fantastic!

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Sounds good to me. Excuse the daft question,especially if it's blindingly obvious but when will the markets for BHA v Donny be available to dabble on?

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Thanks Bozza. I think my initial problem was with Tapatalk. Opened via safari & I'm seeing what I want to etc. Have to say,10/11 for our boys seems very tempting. And I'm not just talking about pretend money. Will have to show a lot of willpower not to lump on in the bookies. Thought we'd be around 4/7 or 8/13 mark...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good point [MENTION=16214]KLUNK[/MENTION] - this won't work on Tapatalk - needs to be in a browser.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rule 10a) added - players must bet at least 25 times to qualify for a prize (stop someone not betting until the last game and then going 'all in' with their 1000 balance).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Any measures to stop people setting up new accounts? Like you have to have been a member from July 2011 to be eligible?

Oh, and brilliant idea:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any measures to stop people setting up new accounts? Like you have to have been a member from July 2011 to be eligible?

Oh, and brilliant idea:thumbsup:

If you join now you will have a zero balance.

If asked, between now and when I set off for the game on Saturday, I would give a new user a 1000 balance so they can participate. We get about 20-25 new users most days.

FourFourTwo

Jul 1, 2011
What if several people finish tied in 1st place? Will each receive £100 or will it be split between them?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Ta very much, Should be abit of fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here