Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC's favourite Madness tracks

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Right, let's have your favourite Madness tracks RIGHT HERE.

I'll go for the exotic foot stomping of Night Boat To Cairo - in fact, probably one of my favourite singles EVER, with an honourable mention for the commuter's favourite Cardiac Arrest, and Shut Up. But there's loads and they're all great.

And if you don't like 'em, f*** off out of this thread. Go on. Do one.

In one of the last interviews he ever gave, John Lennon couldn't stop going on about how good he thought Madness were. And goddamit, as ever, the great man was right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not STRICTLY Madness in their entirety, but I saw The Nutty Boys at Liverpool Poly years ago, and they were magnificent.

All the greats -- I love Night Boat to Cairo, and teh calypso cheesiness of Wings of a Dove.

I also like some of the slower ones - My Girls Mad at Me, Uncle Sam, etc.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I always liked The Prince, But Lovestruck definately strikes a chord, I bet we've all had a night like that!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
One Better Day
Bed & Breakfast Man
Rocking in A Flat

but my fave is, I suppose...

Embarrassment.

I remember reading that Paul Weller, when in The Jam, had always wanted to do a Stax-soundalike song. He kept badgering the others, but they kind of resisted. He was totally crushed (but ultimtately full of admiration) when Madness beat him to it and released 'Embarrassment'.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Large One said:
Bed & Breakfast Man
Now THAT is one good call - haven't heard that for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here