[NSC] NSC - what it has become, and how can it be made better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I find it really hard to agree with any of your posts in the past, but.....it's hard to disagree with this posting of yours.

Allegedly over 30,000 members on this forum ( :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:) but a forum that is utterly dominated by so few.

We have a premier League Football Club.

A Premier League Chairman.

A Premier League CEO

Some absolutely amazing and longstanding supporters who helped see this football club through the troubled years.

A football forum that is County League at best.

And one Moderator that doesn't even reach Park Football Standard.

It's unfortunate that our Forum owner is very much concerned with his close family ( and I wish him and his family well during these horribly difficult times ). I've always had much respect for him as I'm sure 99.99% of posters agree. Just lately..( the last year or so ) this forum is now dominated by the Left wing. It doesn't represent the average Albion supporter or anything else.... except the left wing and utter bores like Watford zero.

I vary between right of centre and left of centre depending on what's happening to our Government and what's happening in the world at large.

Northstandchat is still the best Football forum for our club, but only because there really isn't any alternative.

It's sad and disappointing what it has been allowed to become.

Whilst I can only apologise profusely for the demise on this once great establishment that has happened under my watch, I'm all ears...

I'll consider anything, other than...

- Make it more aligned with your political views. I am repeatedly told NSC is too left-wing. I am repeatedly told NSC is too right-wing. I suspect that some folk are very sensitive to views that differ from their own - possibly a symptom of the main social media platforms creating one-sided echo chambers.

- Get rid of user X. You may think that Bozza is a complete and utter ****, but this isn't the place to stay. There's no need to name names.

So, how would YOU make NSC better?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Max 10 posts a day from any user.
10 is too few in my opinion but a configurable number of posts allowed per day and a shorter max post length would be welcome IMO. I'd add the proviso that if people were being quoted, replied to or mentioned after they'd exceeded the max and it looked like the interlocutor was aware I'd consider that trolling.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Maybe use some of that Amazon affiliate money to get David Ornstein/Florian Plettenberg to work exclusively for this site so we can get some actual ITK breaking stuff.

I'm getting really tired of Twitter and NSC is still a great tonic to that cesspit when it comes to the Albion.

[obviously /s]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
To be honest I don't think much needs changing. Like you say the opinion that it is too right or left wing is solely down to the person saying it. The ignore thread thread option has been a godsend imho. Keep on keeping on I say. No one is forced to be a member, read posts, or participate here.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Whilst I can only apologise profusely for the demise on this once great establishment that has happened under my watch, I'm all ears...

I'll consider anything, other than...

- Make it more aligned with your political views. I am repeatedly told NSC is too left-wing. I am repeatedly told NSC is too right-wing. I suspect that some folk are very sensitive to views that differ from their own - possibly a symptom of the main social media platforms creating one-sided echo chambers.
I'd also dispute that its politics aren't aligned with the average Albion supporter. We're a city with two Labour and one Green MP, I'd agree that left of centre views are probably slightly more popular on NSC but I'd say that's pretty representative of the fan-base. But it's also fairly moderated and there's no suggestion that right wing views are being silenced.

I'm not sure why we're not Premier League standard. I haven't seen a league table of football fans forums for some time, but last I looked NSC was pretty near the top.

I think it's pretty good TBH. We cover a wide range of subjects, we don't ban away supporters - in fact, encourage them and there are lively posts. It's also a great information source: if I wanted to find a butcher in Blubberhouses or the best plum brandy I could buy in Uzbekistan, there's probably someone on NSC who knows.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
“ this forum is now dominated by the Left wing. It doesn't represent the average Albion supporter or anything else...”

Historical election results and response to the far-right demo last week suggest that Brighton IS left-wing. Certainly liberal.

Post-election ‘Labour watch’ posts in NSC have been popular.

I think we all know what the OP really means…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here