Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Travel Advice - Morocco v Tunisia

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No this isn't a look at me, I'm going on a lovely holiday thread, as truth be told I am looking at these 2 places as they are the cheapest option, and may yet be unable to afford either. Besides brochures and websites I don't know a huge amount about either, but would imagine loads of people on here have been to one if not both of these countries.

Looking at a week in Feb, all inclusive, similar prices, but brochure says Morocco is average 23 degrees as opposed to 17 in Tunisia.

I honestly have no idea which one (if either) to go for, so anyone got any advice or experiences they could share?

Much appreciated everyone :thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've done a week of AI winter sun in Agadir, Morocco. Apart from the winter sun, the trip to Marrakech is a must!
The other option at those prices is Egypt, If what you're after is warmth then Tuniisa is a non-starter

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Been to Tunisia but in the summer which was very sunny and also cheap as chips.

Not sure what it is like in Winter and also went to Egypt last summer which was all inclusive and quality.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I've done a week of AI winter sun in Agadir, Morocco. Apart from the winter sun, the trip to Marrakech is a must!
The other option at those prices is Egypt, If what you're after is warmth then Tuniisa is a non-starter

Cheers for that mate! Not after a sun holiday as such (what with it being Feb and a limited budget), but would ideally like to be able to walk around in shorts and tee-shirt at least. Resort we are looking at is near Marrakech so that sounds good - we do wanna do a bit of sightseeing as well as relaxing. Let down is its not near the beach..

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
morrocco every time.

marrakesh is the nuts, just be prepared to haggle for everyting.

If its beach you're after take a couple of days out to visit essaouira about 2.5 hrs in a taxi from Marrakesh. very chilled beach town.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I hated Tunisia when I went there. Went there on a cheapo with accomodation allocated on arrival which probably didn't help but there wasn't a huge amount to do or see and it was far too hot.

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
been to tunis and marrakesch. more to do in morrocco and nicer people but there much more savvy with the tourists now.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Tunisa is awesome, looks like Baghdad, but i still had a great time :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here