Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC outage: 6pm this evening

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I heard a BBC guy saying that Android has 2/3rd of the market... I found that hard to believe.... but there it is, in print...

"No wonder the Android platform, where new models appear every week, now represents 68% of the smartphone market, up from 47% a year ago, while Apple slid to 17% over the same period. "

Is all this fuss about a catchup phone from Apple really justified?

I would imagine Apple have no interest in catching up with cheap, poor quality devices running software that is years old.

I expect they are happy to continue to produce high quality, well-supported, premium-priced products that has seen them become the most valuable company in history with a product line, and associated profitability, that any other company in the world would die for.

There will be a lot of fuss today, tomorrow and next week. There will be further fuss when sales figures reveal new iPhone/iPhone 5 to be the fastest selling mobile phone ever. If you don't like it - perhaps try and avoid TV, radio, newspapers and the internet for a while.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
As does mine, with considerable speed and ease. Looking forward to the Jelly Bean 4.1 release appearing on my handset within the next month, too!

Wasn't Jelly Bean released a couple of months ago?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is will the iphone make and recieve phone calls? That is what a phone is for!

Charlie Sheen (yes ok) was sayin that apparantly you cant share music between "i" devices you have to do it via a cloud type set up. I cant believe thats true?

Is it also true they only play mp3s as well?

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Wasn't Jelly Bean released a couple of months ago?

Nope. There have been test versions released, so that people who root their handsets can install them (and void warranty etc). The most recent one seems to be a pretty finished and polished product. JB is in the process of being released at the moment - the only hindrance is that, once published by Android for a particular handset, it's up to the carriers to push them out to their users. It's expected that S3 users with T-Mobile will be seeing it in the next month.

Samsung: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean coming to Galaxy S3 in October | Digital Trends
Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update confirmed for October | CNET UK
Samsung Galaxy S3 to get Android Jelly Bean update in October (Wired UK)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Thing is will the iphone make and recieve phone calls? That is what a phone is for!

Charlie Sheen (yes ok) was sayin that apparantly you cant share music between "i" devices you have to do it via a cloud type set up. I cant believe thats true?

Is it also true they only play mp3s as well?

Yes, it does receive and make calls. Yes, you use a cloud, which is actually far more flexible, because all of your stuff can be accessible from any device, anywhere in the world. And no, they do not only play mp3s.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Nope. There have been test versions released, so that people who root their handsets can install them (and void warranty etc). The most recent one seems to be a pretty finished and polished product. JB is in the process of being released at the moment - the only hindrance is that, once published by Android for a particular handset, it's up to the carriers to push them out to their users. It's expected that S3 users with T-Mobile will be seeing it in the next month.

Samsung: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean coming to Galaxy S3 in October | Digital Trends
Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update confirmed for October | CNET UK
Samsung Galaxy S3 to get Android Jelly Bean update in October (Wired UK)

I've had it on one of my work phones for ages now. Pushed from Google, no hack required.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes, it does receive and make calls. Yes, you use a cloud, which is actually far more flexible, because all of your stuff can be accessible from any device, anywhere in the world. And no, they do not only play mp3s.

Sorry by that I meant specifically WMAs

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do you want a tender as in a small inflatable boat used for getting from a humungous yacht to the quayside or a container towed behind a steam locomotive usually used to carry coal to fuel the fire for the boiler. Please make your request clearer.(one-all I would suggest!)

Oops well spotted (tenner) ..still I was only joking :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have you tried the usual?
1) Reset Network Settings
2) Reset to Factory Default
Yes I treid option 1 6 months ago and that worked for a few weeks. After it stopped again, I gave up as I don't feel the need for much wifi on my phone. If I'm at home and want that sort of thing, I'll use the iPad. Also, I'm not sure what side effects resetting to factory settings will have (re contact numbers, saved text messages etc).

I've just done option 1 again, so it's working for now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well unless the phone can transform into a fit blonde with big t1ts who gives a great shag at my command I will be unimpressed at the latest release, which was the same as the last one with knobs on.

And I say that about ALL phones.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only two and a half hours to go before Bozza rips open a new box of Kleenex.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Still quite new to the site so I'm afraid I don't know the drill or ,in fact, why the site will be down.

Snap! I don't know what any of these comments are talking about either or why NSC will be down.

Unless NSC outage means that someone is "coming out" or being exposed as such

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Looking forward to finger print scanning to unlock. Just because it sounds like something James Bond would use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here