Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC outage: 6pm this evening

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I.o.s 6??? I've got a 3GS and I can't even get I.o.s 5.
I thought it would just update when I plug it into my p.c, but when I looked it up I have to run something on my phone to be able to recieve I.o.s 5 then run another 2 things with it so I dont lose any of my settings and content.
I can't be assed with all that and can't afford an iPhone 4 or 5

My wife has a 3gs and has exactly the same operating software as my 4s?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So was that really really necessary

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I had just spent 15mins typing a post (I am 56), then before I could send this fabulous piece, everything went tits up!! I have now rewritten the post but it just does'nt have that immediate effect of putting someone down:annoyed:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Jeez I'm being left behind in the wave of technology. 4 Pages and I have no idea what's going on or what this thread is about or indeed why the outage?

You really haven't missed much ! For some reason people still get excited about something that is a phone !!!!!! In my world all I want my phone to do is, well, be a phone to speak to someone with. So stuff Apple, stuff Android and stuff Blackberry :p

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I had just spent 15mins typing a post (I am 56), then before I could send this fabulous piece, everything went tits up!! I have now rewritten the post but it just does'nt have that immediate effect of putting someone down:annoyed:

HAVE you seen the FORECAST for Friday ? It is GOING to a be a TAD on the chilly side so GLAD I've got my ALBION winter coat to KEEP me SUNG

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
iPhone 3GS is capable of running ios 5 and 6.

However iPhone 3G (without the S) is not. It may be that you have a 3G?

Woah woah woah. I thought that all Apple phones were happily updated with the latest iOS whenever it was released? After all, that was the beauty of Apple - 1 handset manufacturer, and 1 operating system. No strange intricacies of different models or manufacturers to worry about. So all the bragging from Apple fanboys about how poor it is that Android versions are different across handets is, well, completely irrelevant?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Woah woah woah. I thought that all Apple phones were happily updated with the latest iOS whenever it was released? After all, that was the beauty of Apple - 1 handset manufacturer, and 1 operating system. No strange intricacies of different models or manufacturers to worry about. So all the bragging from Apple fanboys about how poor it is that Android versions are different across handets is, well, completely irrelevant?

We're talking about a phone that is more than 4 years old now, there have been 4 newer iterations since then. I don't know much about Android, but I don't think it has even existed for that long? And do the newest software versions for the Android phones work with hardware released 3 years ago?

iOS 6 will work with the iPhone 3GS, which has been around for longer than 3 years and has since been discontinued.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Samsung slashed the price of the S3 yesterday in a bid to try and sell 2 or 3 more. They might as well just give them away for free in cornflake packets now.

Gotta feel for those poor Korean guys.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just showing my age, but mobile phones are fecking BORING. Anyone that can talk more than twenty seconds about theirs needs to get a life. As long as you can get in touch with your nearest and dearest thats all that matters. Both of my sons think Im going senile by the way!!:wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

*snigger*

Dashboards | Android Developers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here