Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC betting game: Birmingham (h); 21/04/12; W / L / D

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Nope. If I do it again (tempted not to - it doesn't seem to have been a success, really), then everyone will start with a fresh balance.

Have you had negative feedback then? I have enjoyed it, managed to make my money last and currently in profit!!

Good effort I say.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have you had negative feedback then? I have enjoyed it, managed to make my money last and currently in profit!!

Good effort I say.

Despite the warnings too many people went 'all in' early on and repeatedly. The idea was that it was a season long game and I hoped the lure of cash would have dissuaded people from doing that, at least until the end of the season when people went 'shit or bust' to try and get into the money spots.

A lot of people crashed out early on - it would have been even earlier had we not had a good start to the season.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Despite the warnings too many people went 'all in' early on and repeatedly. The idea was that it was a season long game and I hoped the lure of cash would have dissuaded people from doing that, at least until the end of the season when people went 'shit or bust' to try and get into the money spots.

A lot of people crashed out early on - it would have been even earlier had we not had a good start to the season.

If it helps I've enjoyed it!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Ive always treated it like my sex life, "little and often" Its worked a treat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I've enjoyed it too.
And seem to have been playing as you thought, as I have been hovering around the big boys, but am dwindling fast chasing that last big pay day.

For what it's worth, I'd image plenty of people would have learnt their lesson this year, and would play it differently next season.

Nope. If I do it again (tempted not to - it doesn't seem to have been a success, really), then everyone will start with a fresh balance.

You're joking Bozza, I've loved it, have just been a little more cautious! I'm gonna go "all in" for tomorrow!! Never gonna be able to say that with real money!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know it hasn't helped that there's no league table available by default - the product didn't come with that - but I'll get something custom written for next season so everyone can chart their progress (or otherwise) better.

I'll also publicise it a bit better as I think a lot of folk just missed it. Why wouldn't you enter a free competition to get cash?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I know it hasn't helped that there's no league table available by default - the product didn't come with that - but I'll get something custom written for next season so everyone can chart their progress (or otherwise) better.

I'll also publicise it a bit better as I think a lot of folk just missed it. Why wouldn't you enter a free competition to get cash?

Hi Bozza

I've really enjoyed this but I never knew there were prizes. I think that is something that you could publicise better and then people might take it more seriously. I believe I'm currently in third. Is there one prize for the overall winner or do the top few win something :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi Bozza

I've really enjoyed this but I never knew there were prizes. I think that is something that you could publicise better and then people might take it more seriously. I believe I'm currently in third. Is there one prize for the overall winner or do the top few win something :)

This was the post that kicked it off, and included details of the prizes. I linked to this every time I posted a market for quite a while.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bollox !, entered 1,000 for the draw ( my one and only bet so far, so was just going to blow it all on one game now) and it only registered as 1, not a 1,000 ???

Any chance of changing it please Bozza ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here