Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

now you can get a college course in 'ethical' hacking!

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
I think that is a really good idea, if you know anything about network security and penetration testing you would understand the importance of knowing how hackers work. To be able to study their methods means you can design 'fixes' to make networks more secure*.

The more secure ecommerce, financial networks and so on, the safer it is for the average consumer to purchase and use the internet without fear of becoming another fraud statistic.

*An ever moving target admittedly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
exactly most of the big banks have hackers on their books.

Hacker goes hello HSBC i've found a vulnerability on your eBanking.

then HSBC offer him a job in return for fixing the vuln, the hackers job is then to find more vulns

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Springal said:
exactly most of the big banks have hackers on their books.

Hacker goes hello HSBC i've found a vulnerability on your eBanking.

then HSBC offer him a job in return for fixing the vuln, the hackers job is then to find more vulns

and maybe skim a few ££, along the way!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
upnorthnow said:
I think that is a really good idea, if you know anything about network security and penetration testing you would understand the importance of knowing how hackers work. To be able to study their methods means you can design 'fixes' to make networks more secure*.

The more secure ecommerce, financial networks and so on, the safer it is for the average consumer to purchase and use the internet without fear of becoming another fraud statistic.

*An ever moving target admittedly.

Yeah but you can't beat a bit of scaremongering and taking a subject out of context.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I learnt to hack into a virus, and make it delete itself - i was well impressed with myself!

The purpose of the virus might have been to allow people to hack into it and make it delete itself taking up your time in the process. In which case it achieved it's objective. Didn't think of that did you?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Rangdo said:
The purpose of the virus might have been to allow people to hack into it and make it delete itself taking up your time in the process. In which case it achieved it's objective. Didn't think of that did you?

Hey! Dont take away my only clever hack away from me!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here