Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now The Southampton Players Are At It!

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
I have a £200 bet with a saints lad that we will finish above them.

And £100 with the same fella that we take more points off them than they do us.

And I aslo have a £50 with a saints lad that we finish above them.

They look good, I think both parties are confident.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Second biggest attendance in the Championship last weekend, behind the Derby-Birmingham game.

thats not my point is it, i dont have an issue with the attendance, its the fact that they make out that they are so much bigger yet can only 70% fill there stadium. I couldnt give a hoot if they had the biggest attendance on saturday.

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
thats not my point is it, i dont have an issue with the attendance, its the fact that they make out that they are so much bigger yet can only 70% fill there stadium. I couldnt give a hoot if they had the biggest attendance on saturday.

Almost every team has a smaller attendance when the match is live on the telly

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
i dont have an issue with the attendance, its the fact that they make out that they are so much bigger yet can only 70% fill there stadium.

That's a completely contradictory statement.

Surely the fact that they had one of the largest attendances in the league is an indication that they're one of the biggest clubs in the league? And if you don't care about their attendance then why make a point about how a big a club they are which directly refers to their attendance figures?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
On pretty much every barmometer used to measure size of club, Southampton are bigger than us. They had 22,500 home fans when live on TV on a day when we opened our stadium in front of 19,000 home fans.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Adkins makes friends everywhere he goes. According to a Walsall fan in WSC, "his graceless post-match interview felt like being cornered by a chippy Scouse management consultant."

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
On pretty much every barmometer used to measure size of club, Southampton are bigger than us. They had 22,500 home fans when live on TV on a day when we opened our stadium in front of 19,000 home fans.

I think I said in my 1st post at 8.32 that they are a bigger club than us and I have not changed my mind, my point was last year we had some arsehole fans on hear from scc which made out they have a much bigger fan base than us, but only get 22000 for the opening fixture of a new campaign? we would be dispointed if that was us. I also dont think that TV would make that much differance to the first game of the season against a team like Leeds? will you watch that game on TV in September?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I also dont think that TV would make that much differance to the first game of the season against a team like Leeds? will you watch that game on TV in September?
Of course not, but that's because I'm one of 18,400 season ticket holders.

If our stadium held 32,000, we'd have fewer STHs - I imagine I would be one of the STHs not to have bothered getting one with the assumption that more space would be available on a game by game basis. In which case, yes, I might have chosen to watch our game against Leeds on the telly instead of in person.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

If our stadium held 32,000, we'd have fewer STHs - I imagine I would be one of the STHs not to have bothered getting one with the assumption that more space would be available on a game by game basis. In which case, yes, I might have chosen to watch our game against Leeds on the telly instead of in person.

were going no where with this!!! Southampton are bigger than Brighton (maybe not better!!) and I just thought they would be better supported first up of the season, maybe I was wrong to assume that!:wrong:

you just have it in for me this afternoon!!punish:

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011

This.
And saved yourself £27-£30... plus any money you would have spent on transport, food and drink.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I don't really - just don't agree with you on two threads. :lolol:

Normally like your posts, tbh.

As my teacher once no sorry always said to me..."must try harder" and I will do going forward!! Feeling a little bit more love now from you:cheery:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here