Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now The Southampton Players Are At It!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
quote from new Southampton signing Danny Fox (another player I'd never heard of) - "Southampton are a Premier League club in the Championship. The chairman's ambitions match mine, and I want to be part of something special here.":facepalm:
Who do they think they are?
That said, all 3 of their goals against Leeds looked class, bit so did ours last Saturday!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Agree, what exactly is wrong with a player saying that?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Southampton are a cocky club...so are their fans. Thats down to years of top flight football. They look down their noses at us and Pompey. They expected to cakewalk Div.1 last season and they expect to do well this season.
They have got the right manager in Adkins..cocky, full of himself, full of soundbites and orange.
Nothing wrong in self-confidence..its when it borders on arrogance that it rubs people up the wrong way.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Southampton are a cocky club...so are their fans. Thats down to years of top flight football. They look down their noses at us and Pompey. They expected to cakewalk Div.1 last season and they expect to do well this season.
They have got the right manager in Adkins..cocky, full of himself, full of soundbites and orange.
Nothing wrong in self-confidence..its when it borders on arrogance that it rubs people up the wrong way.

To be fair they have a very good squad, they have plenty of cash thanks in part to the good bit of business with Oxo, I think they have every right to be optimistic. Cocky they might be but they are better placed than us and quite a few of our fans are hardly modest.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
To be fair they have a very good squad, they have plenty of cash thanks in part to the good bit of business with Oxo, I think they have every right to be optimistic. Cocky they might be but they are better placed than us and quite a few of our fans are hardly modest.
Totally agree with this!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I can really see Southampton making a tilt for the top 6 especially if the capture Maynard as they have a good set up down there... I also think a lot of people have underrated Ipswich's chances. As for the thread, what is he supposed to say "we're aiming to avoid relagation"?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Didn't CMS say similar when he signed for us?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
as much as it grates me to say it, apart from last year when we deservedly had the bragging rights over them, SCC are a much bigger club than us CURRENTLY and in my opinion will be challenging for an automatic spot this season, they have a decent squad already and have money to spend to improve further and i think will be one of our toughest away days this season. The things that gets on my tits is the supporters constantly telling us how big a club they are yet for the opening game they had 25800 in, which included 3500 Leeds Fans meaning there was just over 22000 home supporters. Bus Wankers

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
as much as it grates me to say it, apart from last year when we deservedly had the bragging rights over them, SCC are a much bigger club than us CURRENTLY and in my opinion will be challenging for an automatic spot this season, they have a decent squad already and have money to spend to improve further and i think will be one of our toughest away days this season. The things that gets on my tits is the supporters constantly telling us how big a club they are yet for the opening game they had 25800 in, which included 3500 Leeds Fans meaning there was just over 22000 home supporters. Bus Wankers
Why does it grate you to say it? We're not rivals with them, admittedly Adkins annoyed us a bit last season but other than that I have nothing against them whatsoever.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I was really enjoying the lack of southampton reference round here. They were a promotion rival last season, this season they mean nothing to me. The will also go up or very close imo.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not much wrong with that.
Exactly. Until last season, there was no rivalry of any kind with Southampton. We were given the honour of being the last team to play them at the Dell, and if anything there was a "my enemy's enemy is my friend" surrounding our relationship with them.

Hopefully it'll go back to that, even as I suspect we are both challenging towards the top of the table this season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There's a LOT to be said for positive thinking and confidence. It's often the difference between competing and winning.

This. After one (well two if you count the cup) if they were saying well we are here to make up the numbers and not go down, hardly fills you with confidence.

Plus, lets face it, the do have the infrastructure for another spell in the Prem at some point.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Why does it grate you to say it? We're not rivals with them, admittedly Adkins annoyed us a bit last season but other than that I have nothing against them whatsoever.

No your right, I dont either really, the grating part basically stems from last year and Adkins and some of there fans giving it large, but were not really rivals in fact apart from the ground being in a total shit hole of an area, its a good day out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here