Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now the fans are sold to Sheffield Utd

Albion's former fans revealed today it was their decision alone to leave for Sheffield United.

Manager Mark McGhee and chairman Dick Knight did everything they could to tempt them to stay, including the offer of a lucrative new three-and-a-half-year contract.

But the fans are reaching the peak of their career and wants to test themselves at the highest level, which they say would not have been possible at Albion because of the Falmer stadium saga.

Rumour and gossip has been rife among Seagulls players over the reasons behind the fans departure since the 6997 fans signed for the Blades on Friday for a £250,000 fee which could rise to £400,000 if they are promoted to the Premiership.

Now the fans have put all the conspiracy theories and speculation to bed about why they traded the blue and white stripes for the red and white of Sheffield.

They said: "It was a very hard decision, not one we took lightly, but it is the right one for our career.

"As soon as we knew about Sheffield's interest we were interested because it is still going to take another two or three seasons before Brighton are in a new stadium and they are really our prime seasons.

"The stadium situation was a major factor, as was a club the size of Sheffield United. They have a stadium, they get decent crowds and they are at the right end of the table.

"You want to be supporting the highest level you can in the best stadiums. Unfortunately, until John Prescott gives Brighton the right decision we are in our prime years and it wasn't going to happen for us.

"The chairman and manager went out of their way to keep us. They offered us a very good contract, for this season and three more, but we made it clear to the chairman it was not about money, it's about stepping up to the next level. It was our decision and our's alone.

"The chairman was really gutted because we've had a good relationship over the years but Sheffield have been up there for the last four or five seasons and it was too good for us to turn down.

"The easy thing would have been for us to keep supporting Brighton, where we are settled.

"We've got young kids, from seven months and pensioners. It's a massive upheaval going to Sheffield every other week, , so it's not a decision we took lightly. When we found out about Sheffield's interest we had a long, hard drink.

"If it was all about money then we would have waited until the end of the season, when we would have been on a Bosman, but pre-season starts in June, so we wanted things settled and organised. We're creatures of habit.

"If we hadn't taken this opportunity we might have regretted it. We just want to test ourselves."

Block E did Albion a favour on their debut on Saturday by helping Sheffield United to a 2-1 home win against the Seagulls' fellow Championship strugglers Cardiff.

They said : "We enjoyed every single minute of it."

"Dad first took us to Brighton with four or five of the other lads who are still there.

"It would be fantastic if we went up and Brighton get that extra money for selling us."

Block E does not have to wait long to renew acquaintances. Albion visit Bramall Lane on January 15.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
We could sell them our 25 points as well. I don't think they would be interested in our goal difference though.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Kev has already gone to Arsenal, that's probably why the fee was so high.

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
Have you thought of tipping the argus of about this post i bet if you did they would actually run a story about !"!!!!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Up yours Palace fans!(Bloody stalkers, trying to get tips on how to run a messageboard):drink:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Can I sign for Forest Green please, I would offer myself to Hereford as that isn't too far from where I live but I would probably be as welcome as a pork chop at a barmitzvah as the Albion are more than part responsible for them being in the Conference in the first place...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I want to stay in blue and white stripes so can I go to Wednesday?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Like the reasoning Yorkie...

Sod Forest Green, I'm off to Porto...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dick Knights Mum said:
tell you what Yorkie - *we'll* go to Wedneday. I don't think Ned would be able to wear the red and white.

Never in a million years. He may have converted from Wednesday to Albion but I'd have to kill him to ever get him in red and white.

I think he has an old Wednesday shirt somewhere in the back of the wardrobe ;)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
speak for yourselfs

i've just been sold to Barca :clap2:

Yorkie said:
I want to stay in blue and white stripes so can I go to Wednesday?
This is just flannel, Yorkie.

You've already signed a contract here ...

lewes219.thumb.jpg

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
This is just flannel, Yorkie.

You've already signed a contract here ...

lewes219.thumb.jpg

It's amazing what a drink in the boardroom will do. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here