Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

now into march and still no yes to falmer.............

SEAGULLS OVER LA

Jul 5, 2003
kilmarnock
i think someone out there knows the real answer about falmer.are the club keeping us in the dark about the falmer. yes or no too falmer.because we are in march and still no yes to falmer...how much longer is this going to be dragged on for.........

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
SEAGULLS OVER LA said:
i think someone out there knows the real answer about falmer.are the club keeping us in the dark about the falmer. yes or no too falmer.because we are in march and still no yes to falmer...how much longer is this going to be dragged on for.........

It'll take as long as it takes the Secretary of State to decide. And the longer it takes, the better the outcome I reckon. But the club is NOT keeping anyone in the dark! And that's a fact.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I reckon the club IS keeping us in the dark, we wait and wait and wait and suddenly 5 years later they announce this:

"This is our last home game at Withdean as FALMER opens next week!"

Then we all sit there in shock as they beam live pictures from Falmer to a big screen so we can see the stadium in all its glory, ready to be played in!
Turns out they built a huge wall and painted the old landscape on it so we thought that nothing was going on.

:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: now into march and still no yes to falmer.............

roz said:
It'll take as long as it takes the Secretary of State to decide. And the longer it takes, the better the outcome I reckon. But the club is NOT keeping anyone in the dark! And that's a fact.

I agree. There is no way this news could be kept under wraps by anybody. The NIMBYS would either be crowing in delight or seething with anger.

I also agree that the longer it takes the more likely to be a positive outcome.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm not so sure we'll hear about it till summer anyhow - just imagine if they made the decision during the playing season.....

If its a yes - then the rest of the season is going to be a write off anyhow....Brighton will be mayhem for days....

If its a no - then they run the possibility of some passionate supporters doing pitch invasions and demonstrations...

If they can announce it when we aren't regulary seeing each other (ie off season) then there may be less attention??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: now into march and still no yes to falmer.............

Yorkie said:

I also agree that the longer it takes the more likely to be a positive outcome.

I keep reading this but struggle to understand why?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
How could the club be keeping us in the dark? Is it suddenly up to the Albion??? The anouncement will be from Prescott, not Knight. Otherwise we'd be building the bugger now.

:rolleyes:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
tedebear said:

If its a no - then they run the possibility of some passionate supporters doing pitch invasions and demonstrations...

If they can announce it when we aren't regulary seeing each other (ie off season) then there may be less attention??

If they do this then I fully expect pitch invasions and the like from the very outset next season.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
CrabtreeBHA said:
I reckon the club IS keeping us in the dark, we wait and wait and wait and suddenly 5 years later they announce this:

"This is our last home game at Withdean as FALMER opens next week!"

Then we all sit there in shock as they beam live pictures from Falmer to a big screen so we can see the stadium in all its glory, ready to be played in!
Turns out they built a huge wall and painted the old landscape on it so we thought that nothing was going on.

:lolol:

i like this idea!!! :clap2: :clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
tedebear said:
I'm not so sure we'll hear about it till summer anyhow - just imagine if they made the decision during the playing season.....

If its a yes - then the rest of the season is going to be a write off anyhow....Brighton will be mayhem for days....

The ODPM, while wary of the impact of their decision, know that they are going to upset someone. I don't think that, having reached their decision and letting it be known, that they will care one way or another what the reaction is. They'll tell us when they're ready, no matter what time of year it is. Even if it may mean civil disobiedience and rioting on the streets.

It's their decision, and it's the final one.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: now into march and still no yes to falmer.............

Icy Gull said:
I keep reading this but struggle to understand why?

My reasoning is that if the Deputy PM wasn't bothered about reading the application properly he would simply have rubber stamped the Planning inspector's report.

The fact that it is taking longer (and also knowing that John Prescott does look at plans thoroughly - look up my post about Downs Baptist Church in Woodingdean) gives me hope that he will take everything into consideration and give us the only correct outcome.

YES.

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
tedebear said:

If they do that then they are forgeting about the power of the internet. I'm sure we could arrange a huge party at short notice with NSC!

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Either way loads of :drink: will be consumed if it is a YES or NO. No news is good news I guess.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah so much for january mind you that report took til end of jan anyway,so where jan come from god knows.:rolleyes:

Maybe they mean January 2005?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Make that NOW before you start on my grammer:p

lol thats the second time in as many days Berky :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here