Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not worried

I think people are worrying tooooooooooooo much about the lack of goals. The goals will flow again. It's a long season which has just started. Barnes, CMS, Buckley and Hoskins ( When fit ) will come up with the goods. There are goals else where in the team. I don't believe that Poyet has told Hoskins that he has no future at the club especially after what he had to say about him pre season.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
You don't need goals to have a good day out at the sexy amex. Just relax and enjoy the ride!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We could be frustrated again today or we could smash 5 goals in,so long as we create we always have a chance,but creating and not scoring,left unchecked results in lost confidence so we must start scoring,but 3 or 4 without a goal is no cause for panic.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think people are worrying tooooooooooooo much about the lack of goals. The goals will flow again. It's a long season which has just started. Barnes, CMS, Buckley and Hoskins ( When fit ) will come up with the goods. There are goals else where in the team. I don't believe that Poyet has told Hoskins that he has no future at the club especially after what he had to say about him pre season.

Not worried about the lack of goals in the least,just pointing out to those with the blue and white tinted spectacles on that promotion is not a realistic ambition with our current strike force .I shall be at most home games enjoying the football but realistically we will be bottom half of the table all season with many nil nil draws, Gus did not need to improve the defence he needed to improve the strike force

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The opposition have 11 injuries so we really need to kick on today with a convincing win

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not worried. We are creating loads of chances which we were not doing towards the end of last season. The goals will come.

Exactly. Short memories on here. If we'd created nothing and played in as uninspired a manner as we did at certain points last season, I might be worried. But we're playing decent football, creating chances, and looking a reasonably good side. The goals will come if we carry on like that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The opposition have 11 injuries so we really need to kick on today with a convincing win

Unfortunately i can see another one up front formation again and at home as well :nono:

At the withers he would have played three up front and we would have been three up by half time. Something HAS changed. Not sure what tho.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Nor worried about the lack of goals in the least,just pointing out to those with the blue and white tinted spectacles on that promotion is not a realistic ambition with our current strike force .I shall be at most home games enjoying the football but realistically we will be bottom half of the table all season with many nil nil draws, Gus did not need to improve the defence he needed to improve the strike force

Very much agree that up front was the priority,but we did need a new goalkeeper.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Exactly. Short memories on here. If we'd created nothing and played in as uninspired a manner as we did at certain points last season, I might be worried. But we're playing decent football, creating chances, and looking a reasonably good side. The goals will come if we carry on like that.

On the score prediction thread, I have gone for 8-0 with CMS scoring 7. Perhaps I am being overly pessimistic?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Unfortunately i can see another one up front formation again and at home as well :nono:

At the withers he would have played three up front and we would have been three up by half time. Something HAS changed. Not sure what tho.

Bloody hope not we need 4-4-2 today

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Know what you mean. But we're only two League games in, the defence is tighter, the midfield has a bit more bite to it, and we only need one goal. Will happily settle for Barnes (pen. 90+2). Would like to see Calderon on the pitch at some point cos he has an uncanny knack of scoring the timely goal that gets us out of a hole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here