Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
No, we were 'Sioux from Hove'.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Agreed - it was by far the best team name.

The best team won the marathon round though in my opinion. Nice to catch up with you mate,
and you buzz

we came 6th :smokin:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
At the red lion quiz im in the

'If we were both squirrels could i bury my nuts in your hole'

team

(usally abrevated to 'the squirrels' by the quizmaster'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did 'Sioux from Hove' spend the whole evening worrying about the 'Children of Mile Oak'?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Did 'Sioux from Hove' spend the whole evening worrying about the 'Children of Mile Oak'?

Not at all although there were a few well aimed sweet wrappers flying around. I did try to get one in TLO's pint but missed!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'll explain the sweets. There was a marathon round to be completed in between rounds with picture quizzes etc. There was a separate prize of a large tin of Roses chocs.
The Children of Mile Oak won that and very generously offered them around the room.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'll explain the sweets. There was a marathon round to be completed in between rounds with picture quizzes etc. There was a separate prize of a large tin of Roses chocs.
The Children of Mile Oak won that and very generously offered them around the room.

You say offered....we threw them. :laugh:

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
The COMO team were very generous with their sweeties. Alex Revell won the bottle of champers that I donated for the raffle, I was rather hoping he would offer to share THAT with me too (Mrs Coach drifts off into a daydream of a wood cabin, roaring fire, snuggly rug and a modestly clothed Alex Revell.......)
But I digress! After catching a member of the winning team as she fell over the table (and then fell down the stairs, and out of the door - maybe it wasn't a good idea to have cheap drinks on offer!) I interviewed Dick Knight about his memories of Gary Hart (a couple of really nice stories he told me too) and Gary himself about his Testimonial Year and events. It'll be played on the show next Saturday (8/12) and is worth a listen. Plug Plug.
I also didn't realise when I was waiting to speak to Dick that my microphone was on, and I've got a lovely rant by Atilla the Stockbroker, who was very very merry, almost as merry as the falling down lady, but I wont be able to play that as it consisted of words that would have to be bleeped every other second, and he ended spectacularly with "Dont you dare die, Dick!" - the other people around me found that instruction very amusing, as did DK!!
It was almost like a the drunk scene between Lesley Ash and Neil Morrisey in Men Behaving Badly!!
I also thought it was great when the question 'what is feta' was asked, because everyone whispered 'cheese' at exactly the same time, which translated into a crowd chant that was heard by EVERYONE! And Gary Hart winning the first team signed football. Paul Samrah was a bit cheeky in his announcement that it was a while since he'd signed one of them! He put it back, which I was disappointed with, cos I was gonna mug him for it later!
All in all, a great fun evening, that we, The Albion Roar team (mid table mediocrity - we're not ashamed!) enjoyed very much - thanks to all who organised it.
Hope it raised some good loot for Gary's testimonial fund too. A lovely bloke and an Albion Legend. xx

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Our team was North Stand Nomads, we finished equal 2nd with 99 points. (winning team got 103).

Our mates won the 1 hour training session with Gary Hart, Kerry Mayo or Alex Revell (or all 3 if you asked nicely)

It was a great evening, well done to all that arranged it! A full house of 28 teams and some good questions. Dick Knights team beat Derek Chapmans in a battle of the board members! The Press team (incl Andy Naylor) gambled on getting maximum points in the last round but blew it by failing to answer "Which was the last team that Brighton played at Gillingham".

Alex Revell had to get special permission from Dean Wilkins to attend as no player allowed on premises selling alcohol 72 hours before a game. He hopes to be on the bench on Saturday.

The next event will be a boxing night - details to be confirmed soon.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ps, to the lady that won the hours personal coaching with Alex Revell - how much do you want for it???

:)

I wanted to win that for my 2 boys at their school. My 8 year old would have been in heaven if Alex or Gary or Kerry turned up to give them footie coaching.

As it was I won the remote control car.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Alex Revell had to get special permission from Dean Wilkins to attend as no player allowed on premises selling alcohol 72 hours before a game.

Really? Even if they're just on soft drinks? I didn't know that!
I know he nipped off as soon as it ended to get a good night's sleep. Aw, bless!

So lets get serious - how much does she want for her prize?

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here